its cheap, yes, and i dont plan to tour the world with it...
will it make my VK112 sound just a bit better?
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Supro high-gain pocket amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

I have 2 heads, but only enuff blood to run 1 @ a time. Gravity pulls down. Not My Fault, Girls!
it will make your valve king sound like it has a $30 chorus running thru it.

"better" is up to you.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
thanks, Kiv, but i'm talking sound-wise, not talent-wise, lol. nothing that i buy is gonna help my lack of talent (or knowledge/experience), but will this pedal at least open up the sound a bit from resembling a transistor radio?

i eventually want to get a EQ, compressor, etc., and maybe some lessons.......
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

I have 2 heads, but only enuff blood to run 1 @ a time. Gravity pulls down. Not My Fault, Girls!
haha, i guess i was being a bit cryptic. i kinda did mean that sounding better is going to be in your opinion as to how good you find the pedal and amp combination sounds.

I wasn't trying to make an offhanded comment on your playing (especially since i've never even heard you play before)

the FAB line up of danelectro pedals are fairly inexpensive so i suppose if you wind up not liking them, it won't be too much of a loss.

when i tried them out on the first roll out, i found them fairly decent for what you pay for
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Kiv, no offense taken, cuz im here to learn man, lol. i've got an epi LP that badly needs a pup-change, a VK that badly needs a tube & speaker change, and some fingers that badly need at least a few skill-changes, dig?
got a FAB chorus for xmas, havent tried it yet. should i ebay it, or hang on to it? is it crap, or worth stickin a brand-new 9V in? wait, i think i got a plug for it too.....errm....****, still need another patch....
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

Chorus doesn't necessarily make your tone better, just... different. Thankfully I managed to get out of my phase of leaving my Valvetronix's chorus permanently switched on.

I doubt it will be that bad, I've heard that the Fab pedals are actually really good for the price. Obviously it's not going to be an MXR Stereo Chorus but you should be able to get a fairly decent sound out of it.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Tombe
Chorus doesn't necessarily make your tone better, just... different. Thankfully I managed to get out of my phase of leaving my Valvetronix's chorus permanently switched on.

I doubt it will be that bad, I've heard that the Fab pedals are actually really good for the price. Obviously it's not going to be an MXR Stereo Chorus but you should be able to get a fairly decent sound out of it.

thanks for the feedback...i have no experience with them, so any advise is good. hey, its a freebie pedal in the hands of a novice, so......
of course i want the good stuff, but hey, it aint my dime, lol

is it at least an improvement over the stock 112 sound? some more color, perhaps?
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

Quote by Kivarenn82
it will make your valve king sound like it has a $30 chorus running thru it.

"better" is up to you.

which would work nicer?-- b4 or after the Bad Monkey, or thru the loop?
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

I have this pedal running into my peavey classic 30, it's hard to dial in a good sound with it, but you can tweak it to sound pretty good. It adds a little hum to your signal so i wouldn't suggest using it in front of the high gain setting on your amp (maybe in the effects loop though, haven't tried there yet).
Is it worth the price? Definatly!
As with all cheap pedals, it's a good way to decide if the effect is what you want in the end.
I.E.: I now know I don't want to upgrade my chorus in the future, but i do want to upgrade to an electric mistress and a tube screamer (my current flanger and OD were sold to me for $10 from my neighbor )
Quote by _Sanitarium_
I have this pedal running into my peavey classic 30, it's hard to dial in a good sound with it, but you can tweak it to sound pretty good. It adds a little hum to your signal so i wouldn't suggest using it in front of the high gain setting on your amp (maybe in the effects loop though, haven't tried there yet).
Is it worth the price? Definatly!
As with all cheap pedals, it's a good way to decide if the effect is what you want in the end.
I.E.: I now know I don't want to upgrade my chorus in the future, but i do want to upgrade to an electric mistress and a tube screamer (my current flanger and OD were sold to me for $10 from my neighbor )

i'll take my monkey over the screamer any day, maybe cuz my screamer is a junker, but whatever. i generally play thru input2 with the monkey at level 10/gain0, texture on A/B, Res. =loose, and my tone settings how i like em.... i get good crunch this way, but the sound is thin, while it is crunchy, know what i mean? cant afford a cab, nor would it be practical in my apt., so.......
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

It sounds like you're thinking the chorus pedal will make your amp sound "better." A chorus pedal is a type of modulation. It's used as a kind of special-effect that will add a bit of color to a clean passage. It's not really something you keep on all the time. After looking at a youtube video (search "FAB chorus"), it seems like this particular one doesn't do a whole lot, i.e. you can't really hear the effect much. This is what a good chorus sounds like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tNkAc29aPE
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper