Could you add a gp4 file please, and I'll try and see.

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
The intro riff has an incredible energy, I believe it's from the perpetual offbeat in the guitar. it's very good, however I have some concerns.

Specifically with your sweeps and the solo, although it's your own style. For metal as I know it, it's too happy. Kind of screams "lollipops" at me. Just my thoughts.

it's not metal, but C4C if you want.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1049064
The intro riff is my favorite part of this. Like the guy above me said, it does have a very nice energy. It's definitely a good part to pump people up. I don't really like the drums here. I think you should have something more on beat. Or don't use the ride cymbal and use something heavier... like a crash 2. I think you should take the vibrato off of the bass... that's just a personal qualm though.

The next part is pretty ok. The drums are better. It gets more heavy. I like that :] Maybe after one or two times add a constant double bass?

I like the harmony you use in the next section. The harmonized intro sounds very good.

The sweeps are nicely done. This part reminds me of a video game... Forsaken for the N64.

The solo now... it's just a bunch of sweeps. It sounds good. It changes the mood it seems like you're going to intro a happy song. I would, personally, like a solo that's not just sweeps... but that's because i'm a bit worn out on sweeps recently :]

Overall, i'd give it a 7.5/10. As an intro, it does it's job. It pumps people up and gets them excited for the next couple of songs. But some things just kind of bother my ears.

C4C? Manifestation in my sig, if you wouldn't mind. The other song if you REALLY want to >> It's my evil song.
First riff is cool, pretty chaotic. I like the little bass break underneath it too, but i think it could use a little variation in the drums, something to keep the beat.

From 9-16 you def need some variation, and the transition from the first riff to this one, and then back is a little harsh.

I don't really like the C5 to F5 bit.

I like the solo, but i don't think you should just end on the G5 like that.
Quote by Butt Rayge
First riff is cool, pretty chaotic. I like the little bass break underneath it too, but i think it could use a little variation in the drums, something to keep the beat.

From 9-16 you def need some variation, and the transition from the first riff to this one, and then back is a little harsh.

I don't really like the C5 to F5 bit.

I like the solo, but i don't think you should just end on the G5 like that.

Thanks, the song's not entirely finished, I'm planning to add more after the G5, the song is definitely way too short to really put on an album IMO.
Hey,

I enjoyed the song a fair bit. I think it had quite a catchy tone to it. I think it would be a pretty good song when you add the ending and things. The solo sounded pretty awesome I gotta say, and the intro was fairly good.

Overall, nice song!
The intro was good, i liked the bass lol.

Then the solo was... Well, it didn't really have any 'high' points, ie it was just sweeping, and was far too on the major happy side, then with a slightly sader one...
Oh well, try to metal it up ;p
Like the intro riff, good stuff but when the drums come in I kindof thought they weren't really keeping a beat- I can see why you would do it with the toms but I think you should make it more on time. The next sort-of half time riff was good too, nothing to say about that. The intro coming in goes well next. The riff at bar 21 I really quite like, but the harmony bit- maybe not the best harmony but its okay- goes on a couple of bars too long I thought. Then back to the other riff, well "placed?". The riff at 31 is quite good if not hugely original, but sweeping is something I very rarely like in a song so I can't be objective about that. The solo again I can't objectively comment on, but I have to agree it sounded about to happy for the song.
I say this all the time but its only sounds so negative because I'm picking out flaws, the first half of the song had some really good like thrash sort of riffs I thought.
One more idea I had- try tuning all the instruments down 2 and a half steps- that sounded good to me(if a bit impractical for recording)

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.