About a half hour ago, my dad woke me from my two-hour slumber yelling something about mom. I heard a horn honking outside, and I was like "what the heck", so I go in the living room and look out the window.

The combination of temperatures and slight precipitation caused the steep hill of our driveway to freeze solid, and my car (which mom prefers to drive due to its AWD) looks like it's stopped in an odd position at the bottom of the hill. Now, at the bottom of our driveway, we have two fir trees. They were planted several years ago, and we originally got them, hoping that they would grow large enough to make our nosy neighbors stop staring at us all the time. The layout of our yard places these trees between our driveway and a steep bank which goes down to a ditch and then the main road. On one end, the land is leveled out for our driveway.

Anyway, mom's still laying on the horn every few seconds, so Dad and I throw on some clothes really quick and run outside. He was already at the bottom before I got out there, and it this point, no one told me the driveway was pure ice, so, like I fool, I go walking down it, slipping and sliding and nearly falling and busting my ass.

Needless to say, I made it to the bottom, mom got out, and as far as I know, the car is still down there, tinkering on the edge of the bank, being held by a broken fir tree. Mom's pretty freaked out; she said she wasn't able to control the car at all since it was sitting on pure ice. I'm just glad she's ok.

Thoughts, comments, "fap, rape, cum blood"? I know this story can't be as interesting as the "I got caught jerking it in the bathroom at work" story, but perhaps it'll remind some of the American folks here about winter weather.
reminds me of the hill we go up to get to my house, and how we have to make a big deal of making a run up it to get home every winter. Once my dad and I were halfway up, when his van crapped out on him. He had to do a reverse 180 and gun it back down the hill to avoid going off the road and down a steep slope.
Quote by Oh Shize
That's why women shouldn't be allowed to drive.

This
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
What happened to Global warming? -20 in Midland? Total ice on your drivway? This is confusing...
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Fact: Global Warming is a lie.

This morning, we managed to pull the car off of the hill. It had 3 wheels on the ground, and thankfully the AWD managed to pull the car out.
Quote by Xoth

fact: you don't understand what global warming means.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by Xoth

Fact: Global warming is a bad name for it, i would call it more of a drastic global climate change. Everything's gonna start changing in the next 10 years, foo.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
So let me get this straight.

Your mum nearly died and your car is suspended by two weak fir trees and it about to collapse. Instead of calling for help or trying to solve said solution, you're telling us about it?
Quote by divid3d
fact: you don't understand what global warming means.

Fact: I'm taking an AP Class right now that specifically covers global warming.

Fact: I'm making a perfect score in the class.

Fact: I was making a joke.

However, global warming has been proven to simply be a cycle of gradual cooling and warming that occurs over the course of time. The only problem with it this time is that we are making the climate change more drastic by boring holes in our ozone layer and increasing greenhouse gases. We are not the cause of global warming; we are only increasing its intensity.

Quote by boreamor
So let me get this straight.

Your mum nearly died and your car is suspended by two weak fir trees and it about to collapse. Instead of calling for help or trying to solve said solution, you're telling us about it?

Apparently you didn't read the rest of the thread.
I'll summarize it for you:
1. Mum gets in car
2. Mum starts down driveway, car slides downhill
3. Car is on hillside, stopped by ONE fir tree.
4. Mum sounds horn, calls for help.
5. Dad and I arrive, get her out of the car
6. Go back inside; driveway too slick to move the car
7. Wait until daybreak, go back out, get in car, pull car up hill thx to AWD.

An interesting experience that I thought would, maybe, just maybe, teach a small lesson about checking for black ice before leaving your home.
Last edited by Xoth at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by Xoth
Fact: I'm taking an AP Class right now that specifically covers global warming.

Fact: I'm making a perfect score in the class.

Fact: I was making a joke.

However, global warming has been proven to simply be a cycle of gradual cooling and warming that occurs over the course of time. The only problem with it this time is that we are making the climate change more drastic by boring holes in our ozone layer and increasing greenhouse gases. We are not the cause of global warming; we are only increasing its intensity.

tone is not conveyed well in plain text - you need to make it obvious you're joking. putting "fact:" in front of your statement made it seem though you thought it was a fact. crazy, i know!

i'm not sure why you felt the need to give a miniature lecture on global warming though
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by Xoth

This morning, we managed to pull the car off of the hill. It had 3 wheels on the ground, and thankfully the AWD managed to pull the car out.

I'm not even gonna bother...
Quote by divid3d
tone is not conveyed well in plain text - you need to make it obvious you're joking. putting "fact:" in front of your statement made it seem though you thought it was a fact. crazy, i know!

i'm not sure why you felt the need to give a miniature lecture on global warming though

Sorry, I had to write a big paper on it for my class, and I just thought it would help to convey the thought that I actually knew what global warming was.
oh...thx for your help. So it really is just regular weather, but more extreme. Hotter in the summer, colder in the winter (than usual), right? Or do I have it all wrong?
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Well.............is your mom hot?
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Quote by bry0n
oh...thx for your help. So it really is just regular weather, but more extreme. Hotter in the summer, colder in the winter (than usual), right? Or do I have it all wrong?

Well, it's supposed to be gradually getting warmer, but apparently this winter is an anomaly of some sort. Perhaps just a flaw in the theory.

Anyway, it's like a big circle. Right now, we're in the warming stage. Eventually, in, say, a few hundred years, we'll reach the peak and begin a stage of cooling, which will continue for a couple hundred years until it reaches its peak point, at which time Earth will begin to warm again.

That is, if we're not wiped out in a nuclear war first.
Tell your dad: you see what happens when you give women car keys.

I live in Canada, this is nothing new to me...so when I found out they cancel school just for a few inches of snow/freezing rain. I'm very quite suprised as there are teenagers here who drive on hard packed snow (which resembles ice if you spin your tires) and no accidents, no school cancellations.

Its insane that school gets cancelled just because of a few inches of snow.

Anyway, nice story...just buy some road salt and sprinkle it on your driveway...its not something we do its just something people put on the stairs/walkway of their business so they dont get sued in case of a slip n fall.
If you try to correct me
I will become alot more wise and insightful than you can possibly imagine.
*uckin' winter is a curse. I've shoveled my driveway ten times in the last week and it was 15 degrees below zero without wind chill a couple of mornings ago. My power steering froze and I had to thaw my van out just to fix it.