Ok, I ordered this Digitech Hardwile TL-2 pedal from thomann.de, but it just doesn't work. What could I be doing wrong? The battery is inserted, it's plugged behind the amp correctly -- it's not working. It doesn't even react to the adapter :S. I have used several similar pedals before (Boss Metal Zone and Digitech Death Metal) and managed. Can there be something special about this pedal that I could be totally missing?
Thanks!
maybe the battery is empty lol?
gear :epiphone g400 custom
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

beaners gonna kick you in the face
I have an adapter and no, it isn't empty. It can make another pedal work.
Try different cables and guitars if possible

Make sure that the OUTPUT jack of your guitar goes to the IN jack of the pedal. and the OUT jack of the pedal goes to the INPUT jack of your amp.

Try batteries.

Check the volume levels on your amp and guitar, check the level knob on the pedal.
Quote by Final !mpact
Try different cables and guitars if possible

Make sure that the OUTPUT jack of your guitar goes to the IN jack of the pedal. and the OUT jack of the pedal goes to the INPUT jack of your amp.

Try batteries.

Check the volume levels on your amp and guitar, check the level knob on the pedal.

I don't think the problem is in the cables or in the guitar. Nor could it be the fault of wrong connecting. I get sound from my amp, when the pedal is plugged behind it, but it comes from the amp, not from the pedal. The pedal has absolutely no effect on the sound and pressing on it doesn't make it change.
Quote by Amarant
I don't think the problem is in the cables or in the guitar. Nor could it be the fault of wrong connecting. I get sound from my amp, when the pedal is plugged behind it, but it comes from the amp, not from the pedal. The pedal has absolutely no effect on the sound and pressing on it doesn't make it change.

Check the settings on the pedal

It could be wiring problems with the switch.
Sent it back to Thomann and got a new one. It worked in my band try-out place, but after I took it home, it wasn't functioning anymore.
What power adapter are you using?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Hardwire pedals use lots of power, go to your local electronics store and get a 9V 5A power supply adapter with exchangeable connectors. (you must ensure that it is connected to the pedal with centre negative)
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis