Poll: Swamp Ash vs Alder
Poll Options
View poll results: Swamp Ash vs Alder
Swamp Ash
4 36%
Alder
7 64%
Voters: 11.
I though I read somewhere that he had the majority of em made from mahogany because he wanted the sound of a les paul but the feel of a tele type guitar. May be wrong but I'd probably go with mahogany body and maple neck.

Ash or alder might sound a little too thin for a muse kinda sound?
Quote by jscustomguitars
I though I read somewhere that he had the majority of em made from mahogany because he wanted the sound of a les paul but the feel of a tele type guitar. May be wrong but I'd probably go with mahogany body and maple neck.

Ash or alder might sound a little too thin for a muse kinda sound?

Mahogany costs a little too much for me though.
I think im going to go for Swamp Ash
Swamp ash is one hell of a lot brighter than Mahogany.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Out of all the things that could get you that muse tone...wood is not going to be one of them when everything else is taken into consideration
Get Sapele then
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Turnitdown
Mahogany costs a little too much for me though.
I think im going to go for Swamp Ash

You'll find that a nice Swamp Ash body wont cost far off a mahogany body. Spunk up that little bit extra and go with mahogany.

Quote by marko'd
Out of all the things that could get you that muse tone...wood is not going to be one of them when everything else is taken into consideration

True!
Quote by jscustomguitars
You'll find that a nice Swamp Ash body wont cost far off a mahogany body. Spunk up that little bit extra and go with mahogany.

True!

Its my dad thats paying for it though/
£52 Swamp Ash
£85 Mahogany

Hmm, Ill talk to him about it over dinner.