Hey guys I have a question.
I'm planning on customizing an old strat, doing a new finish, changing pups, and whatever I feel will be fun to do.
Anyway, I've got this guitar form a friend of mine, but it's technically still his guitar, and he doesn't want me to break it in any way. So I was thinking of buying a used guitar from ebay or something.
I wish I could build a whole new guitar, but I don't have the tools nor the knowledge to do that.
Now I was thinking of buying a used Squier strat, since I always thought they'd be quite good for their price. Do you guys think this is a good idea? Or would you advise me to just buy a plain body, because I won't be using the pick-ups from the old guitar anyway?

Oh and does any of you have any clue on good guitar stores here in Holland? (don't know if there are any dutchies around?)

Thanks!

EDIT: Btw, I want to keep it cheap, since it will be my first project
Last edited by GetMad at Jan 18, 2009,
All I can say is that I buy my guitar stuff from Dirk Witte, but that's in Amsterdam and I don't know how feasible that is for you. I heard Feedback is pretty darned awesome as well, though that's in Rotterdam I believe..

Other than that, I can't help you much^^'
Well it's like 1h30m with the train from where I live, but I don't really care about that
Do they sell second hand stuff? And are they relatively cheap?
And Feedback is alright, but their customer support is ****... And I don't think they sell second hand stuff, not a lot anyway.
Quote by GetMad
Well it's like 1h30m with the train from where I live, but I don't really care about that
Do they sell second hand stuff? And are they relatively cheap?
And Feedback is alright, but their customer support is ****... And I don't think they sell second hand stuff, not a lot anyway.

Well, Dirk Witte has some second-hand stuff, but they're pretty cheap in general. They go as low as they can go, and if you've seen it for less elsewhere, they'll sell it to you for the price you saw elsewhere (if you can prove it, ofcourse XD).

Anyways, can't help you more than that, seeing I've got to be off now.

Good luck^^
Buy used, from ebay or equally cheap online store.

remember that if you buy a whole strat, you can sell the bits you take off to replace.