Poll: Who will win the Masters 2009?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who will win the Masters 2009?
The Rocket to Blast The Jester comfortably
26 44%
The Rocket to Blast The Jester by miles
11 19%
The Jester from Leicester to cause a Malfunction beating the Rocket Comfortably
8 14%
The Jester from Leicester to blow up the Rocket beating him by miles
2 3%
Too close to tell (specify scoreline)
12 20%
Voters: 59.
Page 1 of 5
Who will win the final?

The Rocket V. The Jester from Leicester

Ref: Jan Verhaas

14.00 - first 8 frames
20.00 - first to 11 frames

Stats
- Ronnie O'Sullivan has reached 5 finals in the last 6 years at the Masters but has won the Masters 3 times, although the ones that he has lost have all been 10-9 scorelines.
- Ronnie O'Sullivan has so far made 6 centuries (far more than anyone else). His Sixth century has broken Stephen Hendry's record for the most centuries at Wembly - that's 41 and I don't see this record ever being broken. If Ronnie wins the Masters, he'll be the only player besides Stephen Hendry to win the Masters more than 3 times.
- Selby has recorded 4 centuries. To date, Selby has never been beaten at the Masters, making his debut win last season and reaching the final again this year. If he wins the Masters this year, he'll be the only one to successfully retain the title other than Hendry and Paul Hunter.
- The Head2Heads between these two players is 4-2 in favour of Ronnie O'Sullivan, the latter having destroyed Selby in the Premier League 7-2.

Selby Match Scores
- Selby beat Ricky Walden 6-5 in the First Round
- Selby beat Mark Allen 6-5 in the Quarter Finals
- Selby destroyed John Higgins in the Semi-Finals 6-2

Ronnie Match Scores
- Ronnie beat Joe Perry 6-5 in the First Round
- Ronnie destroyed Ali Carter 6-2 in the Quarter Finals
- Ronnie destroyed Stephen Maguire 6-1 in the Semi-Finals

So far, Ronnie O'Sullivan has absolutely destroyed Ali Carter and Stephen Maguire where both players looked absolutely useless. Meanwhile, Selby although he destroyed John Higgins, John had plenty of chances. You should note that Ali Carter is provisionally World #4, Maguire is provisionally and current World #2 and John Higgins is current World #5 and 2-Time World Champion. John Higgins surpasses Ali Carter, Maguire and Selby by miles (although he's definitely not as good as 3-Time World Champion, Ronnie O'Sullivan)

Ronnie Rankings
- Ronnie is World #1 current and provisionally
- Ronnie is defending North Ireland Champion and Premierleague Champion. He lost his UK Champion this season to Shaun Murphy. Ronnie also got to the final of the Shanghai Masters this season having been beaten by Ricky Walden.
- Ronnie has won 21 ranking titles and 21 non-ranking titles, including the World Championship 3 times.

Selby Rankings
- Selby is World #4 and provisionally #9
- Selby is defending Welsh Open Champion and also the Masters defending Champion. He made his debut in the invitiational tournament last season and therefore has never been beaten thus far. In 2 attempts he has reached the final twice. He's won on his debut but this year still remains for debate until 2 O'Clock.

The new poll is up and the old poll deleted
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jan 18, 2009,
i want selby to win but i have no real idea of who will. it will be an amazing match to be sure.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
I think it will be almost a one sided affair for O'Sullivan but Selby will get back bringing the pressure but ultimately losing. Can't wait for 2 O'Clock. Want to call the scoreline?

I'm going for a 10-7 win for Ronnie. Anyone bet?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Going for Ronnie in this.

I don't mind Selby but after witnessing Ronnies last 2 games, where i thought he hardly looked like he was bothering to try, i think he'll run away, about 10-4/5, Selby to take the first few frames though I reckon.

Should be watching, just need to remember it's on.
Quote by Harmonius
I think it will be almost a one sided affair for O'Sullivan but Selby will get back bringing the pressure but ultimately losing. Can't wait for 2 O'Clock. Want to call the scoreline?

I'm going for a 10-7 win for Ronnie. Anyone bet?

I just don't know what to expect. But I'm confident the Jester from Leicester will retain his tittle.
Id say 10-8 for O-Sullivan, but its really dependant on how well ronnie plays.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
I think that dispite still being probably THE best player of the game, Ronnie O'Sullivan needs to be forced to move over and let some of the younger players have a chance. I think Selby could very well be the person to do this.

However as much as I'd like to see selby win, my prediction is that he'll make a good attempt and maybe even get a couple of frames on the board, but o'sullivan will ultimately beat him by a good margin.

I'll go with 10-3/4 to O'Sullivan with selby taking the first 2/3 frames and then possibly one more later.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Last edited by Sonny_sam at Jan 18, 2009,
Is there any way I can watch this online? Or am I to miss out on what sounds like another good match ?

For the record, I'd back Ronnie, they've both seemingly had a good time so far, but Ronnie has, in everything I've heard/read, truly controlled each frame, whereas Selby relied a little on his opponents slipping up or wasting chances
I'm sure everyone knows the news that Ronnie lashed out at Rodney Walker and the WSPBA on how crap the game was and that they were destroying it, not making it fun again. I am in full agreement with Ronnie. He also smashed his cue in frustration but he's been playing with a new cue for only an hour and it's unbelievable how great he's playing!

Here's the 7 minute interview with Ronnie on his cue smashing and how crap the game is along with Steve Davis's, Hearns, Doherty's and Walkers reply. Also - note, Higgins did the same thing as Ronnie last year. Higgins was subject to discplinary procedures as will Ronnie when Rodney Walker gets back from abroad. It's completely unfair I feel.
Most players agree with Ronnie and Higgins including Hendry, Higgins, Williams and Doherty but only Ronnie and Higgins have so far done anything. Meanwhile, Shaun Murphy has completely disagreed with Ronnie.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/7823318.stm
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Snapple
Id say 10-8 for O-Sullivan, but its really dependant on how well ronnie plays.

That's true. Yesterday he didn;t play to bad and his other game he got a bit anoyed. I think if selby plays really good safteys and slows the game down he could steal it
Quote by tushmeister
Is there any way I can watch this online? Or am I to miss out on what sounds like another good match ?

For the record, I'd back Ronnie, they've both seemingly had a good time so far, but Ronnie has, in everything I've heard/read, truly controlled each frame, whereas Selby relied a little on his opponents slipping up or wasting chances

Here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/default.stm

When the match is on, it will be available for streaming.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Sonny_sam
I think that dispite still being probably THE best player of the game, Ronnie O'Sullivan needs to be forced to move over and let some of the younger players have a chance. I think Selby could very well be the person to do this.

However as much as I'd like to see selby win, my prediction is that he'll make a good attempt and maybe even get a couple of frames on the board, but o'sullivan will ultimately beat him by a good margin.

I'll go with 10-3/4 to O'Sullivan with selby taking the first 2/3 frames and then possibly one more later.

I completely disagree with you. Why should a player be forced off the circuit if he's evidently the best. It just sparks better competition from other players. Forcing him to give other players a chance is not very fair at all, not in the slightest.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
I completely disagree with you. Why should a player be forced off the circuit if he's evidently the best. It just sparks better competition from other players. Forcing him to give other players a chance is not very fair at all, not in the slightest.

+1

I couldn't of said it better myself.
Here's a glimpse of just how well Ronnie is playing and with a new cue that he had for an hour:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/7835871.stm

Here is Ronnie making a masterful 136 break. He controls the cue ball so well! His new cue really has inspired him to play better, I feel, even though he said it wasn't the right one. He's having fun out there with an inferior cue and you can tell.

To those of you who have never played or seen snooker before, it's a lot harder than it looks. It's very difficult to play - it's all about controlling the white ball exactly where you want it and therefore just potting the balls is no use if you don't have correct position with the white ball.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Here's a glimpse of just how well Ronnie is playing and with a new cue that he had for an hour:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/7835871.stm

Here is Ronnie making a masterful 136 break. He controls the cue ball so well!

Splendid. I wouldn't be suprised if he got a maximum this afternoon.
It's one of the few times when I'll be happy either way, I always enjoy watching both of them play.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Nice avatar change lol
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Thank you Harmy
I've never used iPlayer before, but I'm watching his Semi now, he's playing wonderfully so far, it's a joy to watch him
Whoever said he should be booted can go suck on my (cue) balls
I'm off for a shower now. I'll come back down to watch the match. I'm a Marco Fu fan by the way, seeing as he's from my hometown, Hong Kong. He actually lives near me. It was upsetting for him to lose the UK Final to Shaun Murphy on a fluke and also being a victim of another fluke in the Masters against John Higgins (Marco should have won that and Higgins was so lucky)
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
I'm off for a shower now. I'll come back down to watch the match. I'm a Marco Fu fan by the way, seeing as he's from my hometown, Hong Kong. He actually lives near me. It was upsetting for him to lose the UK Final to Shaun Murphy on a fluke and also being a victim of another fluke in the Masters against John Higgins (Marco should have won that and Higgins was so lucky)

Enjoy the game.
Quote by Harmonius

But really the way I see it he has very little competition, he's in a league of his own. The only time I see other players standing a chance of beating him is when he's having an off day and his opponent is playing very well.

If there was someone I honestley believed was as good as him, I might feel differently, because it would add some interest to it.

To use a different example, what if Manchester Untited were to constantly win the big football tournaments, but occasionally a few of their players were injured or lacked motivation so they didn't play as well and lost games. The sport would become boring because there's no real competition for them, sure there would be some lower league clashes between other clubs but with no other teams that really posed a thread to united on a good day, people would lose interest.

All I'm trying to say is that O'Sullivan is the best snooker player there is, and in my opinion the best that has been, possibly the best that ever will be. I'd like to see some more competition at the top, and with most of the other players it's always very unpredictable and I enjoy it for that, but when O'Sullivan is on form, nobody can match him, so it becomes predictable.
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
This is going to be awesome.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
But he's not always on form.

Obviousley, but that doesn't change the fact that he has the capability of winning every game and tournament he plays in.

For me, this means that tournaments aren't a question of who is the best player, just wether O'Sullivan is on form or not.
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
But really the way I see it he has very little competition, he's in a league of his own. The only time I see other players standing a chance of beating him is when he's having an off day and his opponent is playing very well.

If there was someone I honestley believed was as good as him, I might feel differently, because it would add some interest to it.

To use a different example, what if Manchester Untited were to constantly win the big football tournaments, but occasionally a few of their players were injured or lacked motivation so they didn't play as well and lost games. The sport would become boring because there's no real competition for them, sure there would be some lower league clashes between other clubs but with no other teams that really posed a thread to united on a good day, people would lose interest.

All I'm trying to say is that O'Sullivan is the best snooker player there is, and in my opinion the best that has been, possibly the best that ever will be. I'd like to see some more competition at the top, and with most of the other players it's always very unpredictable and I enjoy it for that, but when O'Sullivan is on form, nobody can match him, so it becomes predictable.

But he's earned that
Other players have to gain the ability to beat him
Quote by Sonny_sam

I disagree with all that you've written. There are more than 6 players on the circuit who could beat Ronnie O'Sullivan if both players are on top form:
- John Higgins is the closest to a Ronnie there is on the circuit, no doubt about it
- Stephen Hendry
- Mark Williams
- Steve Davis
- John Parrott
- Peter Ebdon
- Ken Doherty
- Jimmy White (yes, I'm confident he can get in the televised stages of the World Champion)

These players all have a reasonable chance to beat Ronnie if both players are on form. Also - if you take away Ronnie from the circuit, Snooker will decline even further - most people watch snooker because of Ronnie. It's no lie that Snookers Popularity has declined losing 2 major sponsors - the 888.COM (who will not host the World Championship next year) and the UK Championship (Maplin pulled out). Snooker's popularity was on peak during the 80s, second to Football but it's growth has suffered. No Ronnie, no snooker. Simple as that.

It's on now! Game on!

lol - as always we get a "COME ON JIMMY!" in the crowd
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius

lol - as always we get a "COME ON JIMMY!" in the crowd

That always makes me and my old man laugh

Selby looking good so far.

Am I the only Selby fan here?
Quote by St.Loony
That always makes me and my old man laugh

Selby looking good so far.

Am I the only Selby fan here?

Nope. You must be new on UG lol. I made always make snooker threads on UG with a finals one at the end. Selby has plenty fans on UG. You can join the Snooker club is you want although I haven't updated it since this seasons Grand Prix (3 tournaments ago). I may update it tonight, actually.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Nope. You must be new on UG lol. I made always make snooker threads on UG with a finals one at the end. Selby has plenty fans on UG. You can join the Snooker club is you want although I haven't updated it since this seasons Grand Prix (3 tournaments ago). I may update it tonight, actually.

I'm not that new Just looks abit dead in this thread. And yeah I'll join. I've always been a big snooker fan
Quote by St.Loony
I'm not that new Just looks abit dead in this thread. And yeah I'll join. I've always been a big snooker fan

Here are some snooker facts about myself to make you jealous
- I used to have a Full Sized Rileys but I got rid of it due to a period where I didn't have time to play snooker. I now wish I had it back
- I went to Highschool with Jimmy White's daughter
- Jimmy White lives near me (possibly a 10 minute drive)
- I've met him on a few occassions and he's a good friend of my family
- My father stole a red from a Jimmy White/Hendry final unnoticed but I've forgotten which red it was due to a mixup of the balls.
- My highest break is probably an odd 50, not good enough but average.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Here are some snooker facts about myself to make you jealous
- I used to have a Full Sized Rileys but I got rid of it due to a period where I didn't have time to play snooker. I now wish I had it back
- I went to Highschool with Jimmy White's daughter
- Jimmy White lives near me (possibly a 10 minute drive)
- I've met him on a few occassions and he's a good friend of my family
- My father stole a red from a Jimmy White/Hendry final unnoticed but I've forgotten which red it was due to a mixup of the balls.
- My highest break is probably an odd 50, not good enough but average.

Me and my dad would love to have a full sized table but we havn't got money or space for one.
Was she hot?
That's awesome. I live in the same city as Selby but he lives the other side of time.
How the fudge can you do that?!
My highest is about 30+ but most of that break was bulk colors.

And onto the match.... Ronnie is looking pretty good... >.<
Ronnie is 1-0 up. Good attempt at the snookers by Selby
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Ronnie is 1-0 up. Good attempt at the snookers by Selby

Very good indeed. Ronnie looking strong in the 2nd frame
Not hugely a good start by Selby crashing into those reds. It could be 2-0 now.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Page 1 of 5