Page 1 of 2
Well, i did want them. Always have been embarrased about my teeth even though there ok, never had a filling, there always white-take good care of them :P. However i have a gap in the middle and because i kept some of my baby teeth for too long, my adult teeth went sort of over them . Affected my confidence in alot of ways, ironic that i'm getting (wanted to get) braces. However they will improve my teeth which is a given and i wont be self concious anymore about my smile.

However does anyone have any tips for braces, i'm getting them on tuesday. So do they hurt?, what will be stupid to eat and what is ok to eat? ect.

EDIT-- Had the for near a week, first 2 days couldn't eat muc however know they seem fne but

I REALY REALY WANT A MARS BAR!!!, should i?
Last edited by BassmasterGreg at Feb 2, 2009,
Don't suck any penis for a while, might rip it apart.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
It hurts for the first few days, and then a few days after each time you go to get them tightened (once every 2 months or so) Hard to eat during these times, but I barely noticed them outside of these times, apart from when brushing your teeth, which is a tad annoying
I had them for a little less than a year, I found them fine. The only thing that hurt a bit was when they tightened them or when they took them off completely. I still chewed gum... but not often.
Quote by gjvx
Damn you Spicer001, I'll get you for this...

[GT]Spicer001 of the UG Gaming Force
Quote by Finnepinne

This.

I have braces, so my advice would to be not to try and eat any solid foods for the first two days. Orthdontists always say for a week or so, but that's bollocks. Two days is enough.

Just don't eat Fruit Gums. They rip them right off.
one thing thats impossible to eat when you first get the is crusty bread
my mum gave it to me for lunch the day after i got them
Gear
Basses
Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass in Olympic White

Guitars
Squier Stratocaster Showmaster NLT HSS
Stagg Electro Acoustic

Amps
Carlsbro Cobra Bass 90W
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Squier SA-10

im gettin them in march
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by Oh Shize
This.

I have braces, so my advice would to be not to try and eat any solid foods for the first two days. Orthdontists always say for a week or so, but that's bollocks. Two days is enough.

Just don't eat Fruit Gums. They rip them right off.

Oh. I love fruit gums .

However i wont have a problem with going without penis .
Braces are nothing, retainers are cunts especially right when you start wearing them. Forget for to wear them once and you have a long day of oral agony ahead of you. When you take them off your teeth go out of shape just slightly and once you put the retainers on it pushes them back. AGONY!
Quote by BassmasterGreg
Oh. I love fruit gums .

However i wont have a problem with going without penis .

No matter what you do, resist the fruit gums!!!

And the penis.
i'm guessing you're young. you should be cool. choose dark colors for your rubber bands (i always had dark blue), brush well, and don't expect anything too amazing in your love life for a bit. i was lucky enough to only need mine for 10 months
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
I have braces but actually it really doesn't bother me because at the end i will have nice straight teeth
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Do they hurt so much its agony and you can't even move your jaw or just a uncomfatable pain. I've been told both by different people, i belive i'm getting the "train tracks" style aswell, if that provokes any other helpful advice.
Painkillers. Get them. For the first few days at least, or you could wait the pain out.
Chewing Gum wasn't as bad as the orthodontist made out, I only ever got it caught once, over about 13 months.
Totally worth it in the end though, if you wear the retainer they give you, my friend just neglected them after the braces and ended up needing them again
Last edited by HysteriaFanatic at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by Final !mpact
Braces are nothing, retainers are cunts especially right when you start wearing them. Forget for to wear them once and you have a long day of oral agony ahead of you. When you take them off your teeth go out of shape just slightly and once you put the retainers on it pushes them back. AGONY!

i agree with the retainer thing.
but TS, avoid, har5d, crunchy, things, and you'll be fine.
Quote by faint_spirit
i'm guessing you're young. you should be cool. choose dark colors for your rubber bands (i always had dark blue), brush well, and don't expect anything too amazing in your love life for a bit. i was lucky enough to only need mine for 10 months

By young, i'm 16.

I will need mine for a year to a year and a half. So by my calculations i will have them off hopefully before University, but will have them on for the rest of my highschool years.
Train tracks definitley hurt less than retainers..but they'll probably make you whole face/jaw ache for like a week at first, I couldn't bite into an apple for the whole 2 years I had them
How long did it take for your braces to be fitted.

I have 3 appointments all after one another. The 2nd one being 30mins, i'm guessing that will be when i get them fitted.
Quote by BassmasterGreg
How long did it take for your braces to be fitted.

I have 3 appointments all after one another. The 2nd one being 30mins, i'm guessing that will be when i get them fitted.

It took me about 10-20 minutes. But it goes past quickly.
Quote by Oh Shize
Damnit, you guys have all made me terrified of retainers now.

PH34R!

There not that bad, just remember to wear 'em.
Dental Plan...Lisa needs braces

Anyway i had braces, infact i had my first kiss when i had braces so don't let them ruin your confidence. They're a little tight when you first have them on but you get used to it. I didn't wear mty retainer at all and my teeth are still fine.

An interesting story about my trip to the dentist when i had them. When i got there, Sweet Child O' Mine was playing on the radio, and the day i went to have them taken off, it was playing on the radio again
Sig space available, give me some praise
I have not worn my retainer for a year. My teeth are perfect, even my ortho was fooled. muahaha. It really depends on severity of teeth.

my dad had a tooth growing the wrong direction, it was growing up, not down. Like, up through the roof oh his mouth, so his braces hurt alot more than mine did. But what may comfort you is that in Africa, even civilzed parts of Africa, people don't care about their teeth at all and braces are unheard of.
Bracers are seriously one of the best things that happened to me.

I've had them for 1 year, 2 years ago. At first they hurt for a day or 2, just take a pain killer and you're fine. When they need to be adjusted its more uncomfortable than pain. You won't even notice you have bracers after like a week or so.

Straight teeth for the ****ign win
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
You gotta get them the right length or your pants will just keep falling down.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Just looked at my appoitment sheet again and i have to wait another week. It's on the 27th, i would rather just get it over with, but does give me a chance to catch up on my music folio and have another week of eating junk.
Last edited by BassmasterGreg at Jan 18, 2009,
the way my braces hav been put in is ridiculous.

he put the brackets in around autumn time. no wires, just the brackets.

then in december he fit a wire in the top of my mouth to widen my bite a bit because the teeth curve inwards a bit, fair enough, but still no wires.

my teeth are still overlapping, so fortunately next month i might have my wires put it.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by BassmasterGreg
Well, i did want them. Always have been embarrased about my teeth even though there ok, never had a filling, there always white-take good care of them :P. However i have a gap in the middle and because i kept some of my baby teeth for too long, my adult teeth went sort of over them . Affected my confidence in alot of ways, ironic that i'm getting (wanted to get) braces. However they will improve my teeth which is a given and i wont be self concious anymore about my smile.

However does anyone have any tips for braces, i'm getting them on tuesday. So do they hurt?, what will be stupid to eat and what is ok to eat? ect.

when i got them like two months ago after getting its like hey these dont hurt at all
2 hours later it feels like someones stamped on your teeth

and its like impossible too bite for like a week, well was for me, you have to eat softish stuff and on your back teeth
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Last edited by rancidryan at Jan 25, 2009,
TS do your self a favor when they give you the retainer after you get them off and WEAR IT! i didn't wear it as much as i should have and now my perfect teeth have moved a little. not much, but enough for me to know that after all that money spent and now my teeth aren't perfect like they were.
Quote by ross1234

First thing that popped into my head upon reading this thread
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by ross1234

haha
haha
haha

that is the f*cking win!

i'll never forget that scene for as long as i live!
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Since we're talking braces here I was wondering if there's an alternative, like retainers or something? I think I need braces but I don't want to look like a dork haha.
Quote by bluesrocker101
Hmm, you might just be my favorite Oct. 06er.

Quote by acdc51502112
agreed

Quote by Finnepinne

Tell that to Leah Luv
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
I'm getting braces soon, probably in February. All the people I know have said that the first day isn't bad, and that there's some soreness on the second day, but after that you're pretty much used to them.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Page 1 of 2