Page 1 of 2
I have a 1957 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop VOS. I've been looking to sell it but I don't know exactly what year it was made. I checked www.gibson.com and didn't see any help. Where do I go or who do I ask to find out when it was made?

BTW I'm assuming it'll have to do with the guitar's serial #
Last edited by bdof at Jan 18, 2009,

Another entry to the most stupid threads
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Last edited by ThinLizzyFan at Jan 18, 2009,
edit: ok I admit, I only read the title and 57 in the text. So I jumped to conclusion.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Last edited by Finnepinne at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by bdof
I love helpful people

OK, I'll help.

NINETEEN FIFTY ****ING SEVEN!
I don't mean to be a dick, but why are you being dicks? A 1957 VOS means Vintage Ops Specs...............meaning it's a reissue.............meaning it was probably made within the last few years. Does that help?

BTW, ty Deliriumbassist
Quote by bdof
I don't mean to be a dick, but why are you being dicks? A 1957 VOS means Vintage Ops Specs...............meaning it's a reissue.............meaning it was probably made within the last few years. Does that help?

BTW, ty Deliriumbassist

Some people are just idiots. Um yeah anyway once you know the serial number I think you can find out. Try a couple different searches on google.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
they all thought they were being smart asses too

I KNOW!!!! Frickin Idiots!!!!
But at least I have a supporter or two now
Quote by slashnmash
Lol the guitar is NOT from 1957!! If it was, it would be worth an absolute fortune.

like $100,000 +
Quote by slashnmash
Lol the guitar is NOT from 1957!! If it was, it would be worth an absolute fortune.

Guess not many people knew what VOS meant
Quote by lpmarshall
like $100,000 +

That would be pretty sweet
It serves me right I guess, for putting this in The Pit. The majority of The Pit's I.Q. falls between a delinquent teenage pot head and a cucumber
Quote by bdof
It serves me right I guess, for putting this in The Pit. The majority of The Pit's I.Q. falls between a delinquent teenage pot head and a cucumber

Nothing to do with IQ man, we didn't know what VOS was so we took the opportunity to be an asshole. But it blew up in our faces.
Quote by Finnepinne
Nothing to do with IQ man, we didn't know what VOS was so we took the opportunity to be an asshole. But it blew up in our faces.

Yeah....I guess so
I was only really pissed off for a couple of seconds anyways
Quote by bdof
Yeah....I guess so
I was only really pissed off for a couple of seconds anyways

So did you find out what year it was made, with the link DeliriumBassist provided?
Quote by bdof
I KNOW!!!! Frickin Idiots!!!!
But at least I have a supporter or two now

You got another one Some people thought it was made in 1957 because of the name looooool (some people facepalmed)

But maybe you can figure this out yourself.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Support/SerialNumberSearch/

Those serial numbers have meaning, research it up
If you try to correct me
I will become alot more wise and insightful than you can possibly imagine.
Quote by Titansfan920
There is actually a breakthrough technique some kid discovered that allows one to whammy without a whammy bar.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=w3CsJa_5aU4

Who needs a whammy bar now!?

uhhh what?
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Quote by Finnepinne
So did you find out what year it was made, with the link DeliriumBassist provided?

It goes into great detail, but I'm still not sure. My serial # is 761178, but that only seems to match up with the models they made from 70-72, which is rediculous. This guitar is not 35+ years old. And the ones from 1978-present use an 8 digit code that doesn't match up with mine
Quote by bdof
It goes into great detail, but I'm still not sure. My serial # is 761178, but that only seems to match up with the models they made from 70-72, which is rediculous. This guitar is not 35+ years old. And the ones from 1978-present use an 8 digit code that doesn't match up with mine

I dont know **** about your guitar but why couldn't it be from 70-72?
Page 1 of 2