I have made up my mind, my new axe is going to be a vintage fender 52 reissue. Now I have two choices: the 'normal' version, what you expect of a tele, or the 'hotrod' version, which is a bit more expensive, and has a small humbucker in the neck position. I can not seem to choose (i have some time left till I have the money), but can you provide me with some facts and opinions? My style is rock n roll (rolling stones, faces, the band, bruce springsteen)
Some of my gear:
Epi Les Paul Custom
Fender American Special Tele
Gibson ES-339
London City Strat copy
Other Strat copy
Taylor Big Baby (acoustic)
Ibanez SGT 130 (acoustic)

Trace 2x 12" guitar amp
Dime Distortion
i love the sound of my single coil in my neck position for old classic rock like that. i use the clean channel on my roc pro 1000 with a bad monkey OD, with the neck pickup on my squire strat, EQ flat, and its perfect for blues and classic rock. just enough grit to not be clean, but still less distorion than my lead channel gets with the gain all the way down. so id go for the single coil, but thats just me. it would save ya money too
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Last edited by wicket_nirvana at Jan 18, 2009,
if you really can't choose, it might make more sense to get the hot-rod, and then (assuming its scratchplate is the same size with screws in the same places etc.) if you decide you don't like the mini-HB at the neck, you can buy a new tele scratchplate and single coil tele neck pickup and fit it...

i haven't tried the hot rod, though, i've only tried the '52 reissue and am assuming that the hot rod is more or less the same guitar with the neck mini-HB.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?