Page 1 of 3
Here are some pictures from some of the new models offered by Kramer this year from NAMM. Their Custom is back (LP copy) and of course since they are owned by Gibson now its ok to do that Its a 25.5 scale LP with a Floyd!!
Anyways, some new models, a logo change which I don't agree with and nice upgrades. They closed down the Music Yo site and will now be trying to get these things properly into stores like it should be.

2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Ok i am impressed.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
The sunburst one looks like a guitar hero controller
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
When I look at a majority of those guitars, they look cheap to my eyes.

IMHO
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
that les paul style is nice.. but i don't like the bridge.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.

They really ought to have put a stop-tail on this, it looks pretty silly with that much space between the bridge and the end of the body.
Good to see Kramer making a resurgence though, the new logo looks much better, and selling through shops will up their prestige a fair bit. Musicyo looked pretty cheap and nasty.
the red and black LP copy looks like a ESP lp copy with B.C. Rich influenced painting, and the two strat copies look like laguna models, the first guitar looks cool nice access to the lower frets. and the red one with black flames looks like a slightly thicker version of the Schecter devil spine and Zacky vengence custom models. nice headtstock though. maybe if the produced the Kramers that they showed in i think the 1st or Second Guitar hero they might sell more, those kramers were nice. this is the same kramer right, im pretty sure there's only one.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Last edited by F8iscruel at Jan 18, 2009,
Yea same Kramer, owned by Gibson now. There are Gary Kramer guitars and Unk Guitars (Paul Unkert). Gary was one of the founders of the original Kramer back in the 70's and Paul used to work at Kramer in the early 80's in their custom shop and also built the neck for EVH's 5150 and a few other guitars for him. Both have great guitars, I especially like some of the Gary Kramer models which I'll post later here.

I wouldn't call them cheap looking at all but then to each their own, they are not high end $2000 guitars so not sure what people were expecting. Funny how some said they copied so and so considering if you look at ESP and others.
Quote by DSOTM80
Yea same Kramer, owned by Gibson now. There are Gary Kramer guitars and Unk Guitars (Paul Unkert). Gary was one of the founders of the original Kramer back in the 70's and Paul used to work at Kramer in the early 80's in their custom shop and also built the neck for EVH's 5150 and a few other guitars for him. Both have great guitars, I especially like some of the Gary Kramer models which I'll post later here.

I wouldn't call them cheap looking at all but then to each their own, they are not high end $2000 guitars so not sure what people were expecting. Funny how some said they copied so and so considering if you look at ESP and others.

well yousaid that it was an LP copy but to me it looks like a copy of ESP/LTD LP copies with the shard cutaway and all, thats all i was saying and their strat models do remind me of laguna's
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
But then again, ESP is copying Gibson and Laguna to me look like Charvel copies. Its like they are copying each other back and forth but yea I agree. Problem is nowadays there are hardly any new models, its just a slightly modified copy with a new headstock usually
Quote by random_B-RAD
The sunburst one looks like a guitar hero controller

That guitar hero controller was based of a kramer. That may be why.

Anyway, nice new models, but a bit dissapointing that there's almost no 80s appeal in them.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
That guitar hero controller was based of a kramer. That may be why.

Anyway, nice new models, but a bit dissapointing that there's almost no 80s appeal in them.

Yea I agree, I was hoping they would stick to their roots but instead Gibson decided they think they know whats best. I think the logo change is a bad idea, really bad. IF they ever wanna build the brand back up again they gotta use the reputation it had back in its 80's heydays and build on that. A logo change makes it look like it came out of thin air. Kramer was known for its single hum super strats with Floyd, I think they are taking the brand in the wrong direction. Thats not to say the guitars themselves are bad but its not what the name was all about back in the day with the type of guitars they produced.

There's only one guy who understands this and knows what the brand and its ideas were all about and thats Gary Kramer Guitars. If you ever want a true Kramer guitar thats produced today check him out. I'm GAS'ing bad for this one, to me this guitar is 'Kramer' http://www.garykramerguitar.com/Conquest.html
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Jan 18, 2009,
Well since its all related...or rather was and I didn't want to make another thread. Here are some pictures from Gary Kramer Guitars. Personally I love his style, he's what 'Kramer' should be all about today, sadly the real Kramer/Gibson missed that point I think but anyways the pictures (with some eye candy at the end ).....

..and now as promised

Damn you!
I thought I was happy with one of the new 09' Ibanez' guitars (the RG1550PPN or the PGM20th) and now you show me these gary kramer guitars!
Don't worry I posted this here to get peoples reactions on it, opinions and so on. The Kramer community isn't too thrilled for the most part either. Keep in mind these are the overseas models and there is one USA model that they have so far and its a good one but when you look at the stuff that Gary Kramer is doing its too little too late.

Oh and sorry punk_ninja but hey be glad you saw them now
Quote by Nolly

They really ought to have put a stop-tail on this, it looks pretty silly with that much space between the bridge and the end of the body.
Goldtops originaly had wraparound bridges. Not to mention the wraparound bridges are the best type of bridge you can get for sustain and tone, so long as you don't mind spending longer getting the bugger to intonate.

Anyway, great news on all of these. Nice to see Gibson taking their Kramer license more seriously. Can't wait to get my hands on a decent American or Japanese-made Kramer ASAP.

And here's fingers crossed they bring the Jersey Star model back with these!
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
An affordable Les Paul with a FR? Sounds nice
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by MrFlibble
Anyway, great news on all of these. Nice to see Gibson taking their Kramer license more seriously. Can't wait to get my hands on a decent American or Japanese-made Kramer ASAP.

And here's fingers crossed they bring the Jersey Star model back with these!

You'll wait an eternity for a Japanese made Kramer as that will never again happen but apparently they will keep some of their USA models alive. As for a JS coming back I don't know but they did have one on display at the Gibson booth so who knows.

My guess is they will have 2 lines. Their new lower models like the ones I posted with a new logo and their higher end USA made models with the old 80's logos, reissues and what not, kind of a way to differentiate between the two. Just my opinion.
Good to see Gibson taking care of Kramer. That Les Paul looks like a beauty, I'm just not a big fan of the Floyd Rose. Should make a set-bridge version.
UG's AC/DC Lover
Last edited by Rocker_94 at Jan 18, 2009,
The 2008 Kramers looked good, and are all made in the US. BUt apparently, they were infact terrible quality.

Not to say that Kramer is ****, just saying that Gibson's QC is crap, and Kramer being owned by Gibson and all..

The models look great, but will they hold up well? Only time will tell.

Anyways, I can't wait to get my RG1550PPN Prestige
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
The 2008 Kramers looked good, and are all made in the US. BUt apparently, they were infact terrible quality.

Not to say that Kramer is ****, just saying that Gibson's QC is crap, and Kramer being owned by Gibson and all..

The models look great, but will they hold up well? Only time will tell.

Anyways, I can't wait to get my RG1550PPN Prestige

Nope they are not, overseas All those new Kramers that I posted (not the Gary Kramer ones!) are all in the $500 price range or so, give or take. They are not USA models.

Edit:

You said 2008, my bad. Only a couple 2008 models were USA made ('85 Baretta RI, JS, Pacer Imperial), the rest were in Asia.
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Jan 18, 2009,
oh wow, those gary kramers look badass.

so does that singer

i noticed that a local store here now has some of the low-end kramers in stock (with old logo). maybe they are trying to get them more into stores...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
so does that singer

Back off baldy she's mine Her name is Carina Lirola and she's endorsed by Unk Guitars. There's some stuff about her on his site and myspace, google images and so on.
i hope they sell a higher quality striker/pacer like the 80s models.. those things r sick i always wanted 1
Quote by DSOTM80
Back off baldy she's mine Her name is Carina Lirola and she's endorsed by Unk Guitars. There's some stuff about her on his site and myspace, google images and so on.

hey, i'm not bald...

thanks for the info...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Pac_man0123
Oh really? In that case, let me introduce you to my friend, Mr. B.C. Rich...
Or ESP, Warmoth, Agile, Epiphone, Gibson...
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Goldtops originaly had wraparound bridges. Not to mention the wraparound bridges are the best type of bridge you can get for sustain and tone, so long as you don't mind spending longer getting the bugger to intonate.

Howcome you don't see wraparounds on, for example, Les Paul Customs? Aesthetics, intonation ar what?
If that's true then I have to make a partscaster with a wraparound bridge.

Kramer have some catching up to do. What they really have to do is introduce some higher end models in the same vein as the original 80s ones. That'll get people to take the brand more seriously.
the bass in the third pic of the first post looks like a ripoff of the Ibanez BTB series
I don't even shred
Quote by Rock Pig
Howcome you don't see wraparounds on, for example, Les Paul Customs? Aesthetics, intonation ar what?
If that's true then I have to make a partscaster with a wraparound bridge.
The main reason they fell out of favour is because of the intonation problem. Back when tune-o-matics came in, you basically couldn't intonate a wraparound bridge at all, they were just stuck however they were.

Nowadays some companies have made wraparound systems that allow you to adjust the intonation a bit better, though it's still a little dodgy and the ones that let you completely intonate kill the extra sustain and response so with those you might as well just get a tune-o-matic and stopbar combo.

There is also a playability problem. When rock music became more popular, many people found wraparounds didn't feel as good as tune-o-matics for rock playing styles, especially heavy palm muting.

But yeah, after I finish my current Telecaster build I'm going to look into making a Goldtop with a wraparound myself.
To all the people saying that they need to make some '80s-style guitars, go to their site. They have several US models that are pure Kramer. Single humbucker, OFR, banana headstock, old logo, everything. They have some pretty awesome graphics on them, too.
Quote by Holy Katana
To all the people saying that they need to make some '80s-style guitars, go to their site. They have several US models that are pure Kramer. Single humbucker, OFR, banana headstock, old logo, everything. They have some pretty awesome graphics on them, too.

Except those models are no longer made, the only graphic models that were available recently was the Black Sheep, the Nightmare one ......and I think thats it. All the other ones from there are long gone. They have 1 model currently available thats true to the 80's roots and thats this one http://vintagekramer.com/company72.htm
I hope they get more USA models
I like the sunburst one. Not my favorite, but I wouldn't mind owning one.
The purple superstrat would look better if it was a through-body...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Page 1 of 3