On the album closer by joy division, what is that thing that kicks in at about 8 seconds with the bass on atrocity exhibition? The sort of click noise?
most likely an effect generated by a synthesizer, if you're thinking of that odd noise which is like a repeated clicking noise with a filter sweep on it.

edit: i must've imagined the filter thing.. but yeah, it sounds like either a synth effect or the guitarist muted the strings and strummed them repeatedly although because it's joy division.. we'll never know exactly what it is. strange question to be asking
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jan 18, 2009,