well.. basicly.. the son of a bitch went bass and joined this other band...
he only played rhythm, but he did some vocals (which were terrible)

our band consisted of:
drummer
bass player
me(solo guitar) some vocals
this guy (rhythm guitar) some vocals..

we are from a small town where not many people play guitar and sing, so...

tell me.. if we get a deacent singer (since i suck too) and slowly teach him how to play rhythm... it's not complicated at all... would it do the job?

we could have only one guitar +singer for a while until he learns how to play the guitar good enough...

i just want to see what you guys think... it's not really a question.. we've already made that choice, how would you guys react? what would you do?
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
yeah, you see, the problem is that our music sounds crap with 1 guitar only.... we would be awsum on tape, but we would suck live... dunno... by the way.. www.myspace.com/karkoli the song called "untitled for now" that's what we sound like =)
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
You sound quite good as a band, but your lead singer sounds like he's singing out of his natural range, and that's ruining his vocals
Quote by EL2T
You sound quite good as a band, but your lead singer sounds like he's singing out of his natural range, and that's ruining his vocals

that would be me :P

well yeah basicly that's why we're looking for a SINGER not a GUITARIST..

what i wanted to say was that the singer will probably have to learn guitar eventually, if we want to sound even more badass
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
Just turn your bassist up a little bit and have him get a bit more technical. Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin... just to name a few of the bands who utilized the 1 guitar,1 bass, one drummer, 1 vocalist format... Just get a singer and go from there.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Just turn your bassist up a little bit and have him get a bit more technical. Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin... just to name a few of the bands who utilized the 1 guitar,1 bass, one drummer, 1 vocalist format... Just get a singer and go from there.

This will work. I'm bass in a 3 piece and we don't have any problems. Everyone just has to step up and work a bit harder to fill the space.
So yeah, I’d just get a singer first.
Quote by Highwaytohell

Yeah, agreed. Also introduce your bassist to bass chords and possibly a dirtier sound. Lemmy from Motorhead is a good example of just how much a bass can cover for a rhythm guitarist.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Yeah, agreed. Also introduce your bassist to bass chords and possibly a dirtier sound. Lemmy from Motorhead is a good example of just how much a bass can cover for a rhythm guitarist.

Thats how I keep my band's sound really thick. I honestly love that nasty bass tone- and am Lucky to have bass players willing to utilize it.
Yeah, work on the arrangments and re-work them for 1 guitar if absolutely necessary, and get the bass player to play more some more technical bass riffs and fills and stuff to make up for the second guitar as much as possible. Then just focus on finding a good singer.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Serjem
yeah, you see, the problem is that our music sounds crap with 1 guitar only.... we would be awsum on tape, but we would suck live... dunno... by the way.. www.myspace.com/karkoli the song called "untitled for now" that's what we sound like =)

get a boss loop station??? then you can record some of the rythem guitar parts while you do some face melters?

seriously invest in a looper and say **** another guitarist...and you wont sound like **** without a second guitar.
If the singer became an excellent guitarist, he should certainly should play guitar as well. In the meantime, it's just one guitar.