First time posting in this forum...

Would you guys recommend the Vox Valvetronix for me?

I play mostly classic rock with some newer music...

So I pretty much just want clean/a little crunchy- overdriven but not metal or very close to it.

I'm looking at the 50 watt...

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Would it be good for me?

Been thinking about purchasing a decent amp for a while and saw this in my local music shop today browsing for accessories and thought it looked like a good deal...

Played it and sounded great.
i have the 30 watt and its amazing. its a great deal go out any buy it now.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
You mean the AD50VT?
I have the AD30VT and love it.Had one little non-technical problem with it (the input-tube fell in the amp, but you can easily dissassemble it so)

Good clean settings, about 4. Half-clean are about 3. And then there are some distortions and 1 OD. 2 metl/grunge distortion.

The effects are really handy and can be adjusted to your wishes. So stuff like Chorus+Delay or Tremolo+Reverb are really good for just adding something to your sound.

But, if you already have alot of FX-pedals you don`t need. So you can look for the Fender Hot Rod or something. Though it more expensive. It`s tube and has around 30 watts or something so loud enough for gigging.

If this will be your first amp: I would totally recommend it!
Quote by MaXiMuse
You mean the AD50VT?
I have the AD30VT and love it.Had one little non-technical problem with it (the input-tube fell in the amp, but you can easily dissassemble it so)

Good clean settings, about 4. Half-clean are about 3. And then there are some distortions and 1 OD. 2 metl/grunge distortion.

The effects are really handy and can be adjusted to your wishes. So stuff like Chorus+Delay or Tremolo+Reverb are really good for just adding something to your sound.

But, if you already have alot of FX-pedals you don`t need. So you can look for the Fender Hot Rod or something. Though it more expensive. It`s tube and has around 30 watts or something so loud enough for gigging.

If this will be your first amp: I would totally recommend it!

haha, i had the same exact problem with mine, but its a 5 min. fix, no biggie.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
If you don't mind waiting a bit and splashing out some more cash you could get the new VT50, which has twice as many amp models and is generally better sounding (so I've heard). If you do get the AD50VT though (and I definetely recomend it!) you'll want to do the FX loop mod and put an EQ pedal in there. It sounds like you've taken a blanket off your amp!

Also are you going to gig with it? I'm not sure how loud the AD50VT gets but my AD100VT is far to loud for home use and sometimes far to loud for gigs (small gigs of course!).

If your only using it to practice then a 30 is much better. Also the VT30 is already out and really quite a bargain.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Holy Jesus.

I got the AD50VT today for $200.

Brand new, but the store was discontinuing it.

Not sure of the original price, but I know it was somehwere above that.

This it great, so easy to get the perfect sound you want with the amo models and effects...

I especially love the UK 70s with slight wah.

Gets a great hendrix/clapton/that era sound...

Love it, brought it home a couple hours ago with no problems and been playing it since.