Hey,

I just started trying to learn how to sweep pick and apparently my left hand can't change notes fast enough for it at a decent speed. Anyone know any songs I can try/other things I can do to build left hand speed? My picking hand speed is fine and I think I have the right technique in that one so far. I'd like anything to be in either Drop D or E Standard.
Anything you can play on your right, you can play on your left. There's no differentiation.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Practice:

Images - Cacaphony - The end sweeping part will most likely help you
Firewind - The Fury and the Fire
Sinergy - I Spit on Your Grave

Obviously, don't start them at full speed, but keep working at it until you can play it at full speed.
just sweep slowly with a metronome and gradually increase the speed
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Yeah, do everything with a metronome, start off slow, increase the speed very gradually.

Do that with everything and anything.
There's some pretty easy ascending Arpeggios in Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold which can be sweeped.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
Quote by -Blue-
Hey,

I just started trying to learn how to sweep pick and apparently my left hand can't change notes fast enough for it at a decent speed. Anyone know any songs I can try/other things I can do to build left hand speed? My picking hand speed is fine and I think I have the right technique in that one so far. I'd like anything to be in either Drop D or E Standard.

There is no left or right hand in sweep picking, both hands are working together as a unit.

Your picking hand isn't fine at all as it's not of synchronising with your fretting hand, therefore you don't have the correct right hand technique yet. Concentrate on getting both hands working in unison, slow everything down until you can do that.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
There is no left or right hand in sweep picking, both hands are working together as a unit.

Your picking hand isn't fine at all as it's not of synchronising with your fretting hand, therefore you don't have the correct right hand technique yet. Concentrate on getting both hands working in unison, slow everything down until you can do that.

Well I mean the technique for the right hand works great with the left hand at slower speeds, but as I speed up, the left hand can't keep up. So you all are saying I should just use a metronome and gradually increase the speed as I get better?
Pretty much yes, if it goes to crap then that simply means you're trying to go too fast, too soon.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com