Hey all!

With the little time I had left to use my dad's cheap mic, I decided to do one last cover, this time of Muse's Supermassive Black Hole... I simply adore that song, and I tried to do it justice... As far as the guitars go, I think I did a pretty amazing job, but I'm not very sure about the vocals... Judge for yourself:

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole (cover)

I'll gladly crit you back if you crit this cover... Thanks!

Cheers!
Last edited by ZeGuitarist at Jan 20, 2009,
Very nice, guitars are awesome, vocals are a little off, but this is a tough song to sing.

Great Job
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Guitars were sweet. Liked the elements from their live performances in there. Vocals were an above average attempt but lacked the smoothness and power really. Nice one overall.
Huge muse fan here...
Guitars are perfect, a little thin at points but thats probably equipment. Vox are actually great but because your against bellamy its hard to compare. They lack a little uumph that someone above stated -- Its really hard to sing those falsettos so I understand. Cool guitar around 2:15 for sure.

Crit back?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1047760
Hey ZeGuitarist..you are one of the greatest members here on UG as it is..and I really think you did a solid cover!=)
like everyone said..guitars are awesome!nothing really to add there=P
On the vocals..you did a solid job too..Everyone has their own specific voice..and you did a very good job at singing similarly as Bellamy Maybe a little work on your falsetto..it is pretty good..only maybe a little more power to it..but that comes with training=)
Would you mind giving an opinion on my "Yesterday" cover?=)
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Thanks for the crit I had my guitar a half step down, which is why it sounded funny. I totally forgot about it.

Anyways....GREAT TONE. This song is a favorite of mine, and you nailed it! Singing was ehh...then again, this is a hard song to sing, so props for trying it.

3.5/5 for me.
meh
Hey all! Thanks for the reactions... I recorded a second take of the vocals, I like this take a lot better... it has a lot more power than before, I think. Tell me what you think!
Wow, this is some very high quality. Very smooth. Sounded great, very professional. Vocals were GREAT! I was not expecting that, it was very in sync and sounded amazing. Overall very nice. And I'm sure you will get a crit 4 2crit, because evorte will crit also most likely.
I'm Luke.
damn dude, this **** is badass, what pedals did you use?

Like luke said(datrooper) this **** was smooth as hell!
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
That was really very good. You even got all the static and stuff in the right places. As for all the vocals, they were good, they just didn't sound like Matt Bellamy, which nobody would fault you for. I thought that the background vocals during the chorus were a little too out front (the "grey shoes melting in the dead of night" part) but other than that you're golden. Easily 10/10.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Quote by Cutlass_253
That was really very good. You even got all the static and stuff in the right places. As for all the vocals, they were good, they just didn't sound like Matt Bellamy, which nobody would fault you for. I thought that the background vocals during the chorus were a little too out front (the "grey shoes melting in the dead of night" part) but other than that you're golden. Easily 10/10.

Yeah, I fixed that mixing problem, but I'm not going to reupload AGAIN for that minor difference... So, yeah

Also, "grey shoes melting in the dead of night"? You do realise that makes no sense, right? (it's "glaciers" by the way )

Quote by evortre
damn dude, this **** is badass, what pedals did you use?

Like luke said(datrooper) this **** was smooth as hell!

Just my Boss GT-8, going direct into my audio interface... Nothing else, because it's not that I'll even need anything else with my GT
Last edited by ZeGuitarist at Jan 21, 2009,
Absolutely nailed the muse tone. I love the vocals though, to me it sounds more like the Eagles of Death Metal falsetto, which is really cool. As far as covers go, they don't get much more straightforward than this- almost pure carbon copy! I'm astounded in how well you got those guitar tones, really. Good job, and thanks for the crit.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Yeah, I fixed that mixing problem, but I'm not going to reupload AGAIN for that minor difference... So, yeah

Also, "grey shoes melting in the dead of night"? You do realise that makes no sense, right? (it's "glaciers" by the way )

Just my Boss GT-8, going direct into my audio interface... Nothing else, because it's not that I'll even need anything else with my GT

Yeah, I know, it's because the first time I ever heard the song I could have sworn that's what he said. So now whenever I hear the song I just picture these old dusty pennyloafers melting all over the floor.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
That's pretty damn impressive, vocals aren't for me, but as it's been said before, it's a tough one to sing. Congrats on this though
Quote by Cutlass_253
Yeah, I know, it's because the first time I ever heard the song I could have sworn that's what he said. So now whenever I hear the song I just picture these old dusty pennyloafers melting all over the floor.

Thanks everybody!
The guitar tone is rad. You only used the Boss for that?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
The guitar tone is rad. You only used the Boss for that?

Yep, Boss GT-8 going direct into interface. Shows the quality of the unit, I love it