is it possible to wire two pickups to one tone knob?
if so, does anyone have a diagram?
yeah its possible thats the way my older guitar is two pickups one volume and one tone knob but I don't have a diagram
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
http://www.emgpickups.com/downloads/wiringdiagrams/EMG-9-Basic-Wiring-Diagrams.pdf

this can help you greatly. Just skip the battery I believe.
its a GFS lipstick tube in mid, and a Seymour Duncan hot rails in the bridge.
5 way selector and one volume pot.

if that helps at all.
Last edited by avka0628 at Jan 18, 2009,
yes i plan to split the hot rails. the push pull hasnt come in yet.

the neck is a yjm single coil, but that has its own tone knob
I'm trying to make a diagram for you. Will the push/pull be the volume pot? Do want down to be full or split? I'm guessing the yjm is a Malmsteen pickup. How many wires does it have and can you tell me what each wire is (hot, ground etc.).
yes the push pull for the split will be the volume pot. down = full, up = split

i dont want to put the yjm in with the other two. i want it separate.

the tube pup has 3 wires. pos, ground, and the third says "case shield connect to ground." the hot rails is a four wire seymour duncan
im actually, doing a whole new rewiring job with three push pulls, the other push pulls are going to make the neck and mid go out of phase.

in that case the yjm is a four wire duncan style
Well I was gonna try but that's a little complicated. I'm pretty good at wiring but I think someone a little better than me needs to make you a diagram. Post in the Ultimate Wiring Diagrams thread (link below) and one of the guys might be able to hook you up with a good diagram. I'm still gonna try to make one. If I make one I think will help you I'll post it but just in case I can't try the Ultimate Wiring Diagrams thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019006
dont worry about adding the other pickup or the other two push pulls in the diagram.

wiring diagrams thread? if i told them what i wanted and showed them what i have, they could tell me how to hook it all up?

i just stripped my strat of all of its wires a few hours ago. i need some good diagrams to put it all back together the way i want to heh.
well, im curious to see what you come pu with first, then ill try them. i hadnt even heard of them. thank you for all your help
Quote by avka0628
well, im curious to see what you come pu with first, then ill try them. i hadnt even heard of them. thank you for all your help

I tried to make one but it was so sloppy I could barely follow it so I doubt anyone else could. If you still need a diagram try the Ultimate Wiring Diagrams Thread.
ill give it a shot, but first, i need sleep.

up all night, excited about my guitar
night
Quote by avka0628
im actually, doing a whole new rewiring job with three push pulls, the other push pulls are going to make the neck and mid go out of phase.

in that case the yjm is a four wire duncan style

The GFS pickup only has 3 wires so I don't think you can wire it to go out of phase. Th other things you want I believe can be done though.
the push pull wiring for out of phase should be simple, i just need some wire.

i think its sumthin like connect to the "D" tab on the pot and have the out be the "F". i actually dont remember what the actual parts were.
but i do remember it was only one wire in. and you just connect tab "A" to "F" and tab "C" to "D"