200 watts, ashdown, hartke, acoustic, peavey. Stay away form behringer. Youll have to buy second hand or save up more.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
200 watts, ashdown, hartke, acoustic, peavey. Stay away form behringer. Youll have to buy second hand or save up more.

This. I made the mistake of buying a 45 watt behringer. Never again. I didn't think it was that bad, then I got an ampeg and I finally realized how big of a difference it was.
Quote by grifff
Acoustic B100, save up an extra 50ish dollars

EDIT: Just buy the B200, save up 150 dollars.

Agreed
200 watts will be more than enough. Do you have a Music-go-round nearby?
I was able to pick up a 220 watt head and 4x10 cab for $280....
It was a Crate BX-220H head, and a 115 Peavy cab. Both were heavily used, but seem reliable to this point. Check in at yours, but I really really doubt you'll ever see another one of these, they're quite rare. Too bad they kinda suck, or it'd be worth some dough.
The tone isn't great, but it's built like a tank. Good for rowdy gigs, and MIA to boot!
Quote by Pastorius
It was a Crate BX-220H head, and a 115 Peavy cab. Both were heavily used, but seem reliable to this point. Check in at yours, but I really really doubt you'll ever see another one of these, they're quite rare. Too bad they kinda suck, or it'd be worth some dough.
The tone isn't great, but it's built like a tank. Good for rowdy gigs, and MIA to boot!

Which reminds me, going used is possibly the way to go
i had the crate 440H head. it kept overheating on me. careful about that part. my practices are 4-6 hours long though. I returned it though. might have been a flaw in mine, but watch out for that.

EDIT: The head sounded great though. great tone. was very surprised by crate there.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Last edited by Revelation at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by Revelation
i had the crate 440H head. it kept overheating on me. careful about that part. my practices are 4-6 hours long though. I returned it though. might have been a flaw in mine, but watch out for that.

EDIT: The head sounded great though. great tone. was very surprised by crate there.

I'm also very surprised by your testomony
Quote by RaveRock
Thanks so far guys. Is 200 watts good enough for a small/medium sized gig? Any more suggestions? EDIT: MY budget has gone up 60 bucks.

Oh yeah, my band plays small clubs and school gyms and auditoriums and all i have is a 100 watt and it can be heard fine, upgrading my rig soon though
=]
Go for 200 watts defiantly, 100 watts only just cuts it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
No, 100 watts will cut stage volume. Unless you have PA no one will hear you. Get someone to play your bass(with the rest of the band) whilst you stand in different places around the room at your normal volume, you'd be suprised how much more volume you need.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
No, 100 watts will cut stage volume. Unless you have PA no one will hear you. Get someone to play your bass(with the rest of the band) whilst you stand in different places around the room at your normal volume, you'd be suprised how much more volume you need.

Thats a bit of a contridiction
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
in what way?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Well you said 100 watts will do, and then you go and say that youll need a pa for any one top hear, go get your friend to show you.

Sorry im dong physics ie theory of relativity,im confused, and seeing flaws evreywere,
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Only second mahnd mate, Check out ebay, craigslist, talkbass all classifields, local ,trader mags. I just got 600 watts for 300 so its do able.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Well you said 100 watts will do, and then you go and say that youll need a pa for any one top hear, go get your friend to show you.

Sorry im dong physics ie theory of relativity,im confused, and seeing flaws evreywere,

Except in your spelling. I agree with 200 watts still.
Quote by fatgoogle
Only second mahnd mate, Check out ebay, craigslist, talkbass all classifields, local ,trader mags. I just got 600 watts for 300 so its do able.

have a look on basschat too.

I think they made the classifieds on talkbass exclusive to donating members
Quote by guitarhero_764

I know, im really tired, but buzzed at the mo, im fairly erratic, i just flipped cause my ma wouldnt make me a cup of coffee.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by ScottB.
have a look on basschat too.

I think they made the classifieds on talkbass exclusive to donating members

Basschat, is mainly Uk, or Europe, on TB you only have to be a supposrting member to post items you want to sell, not to buy them.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Mutant Corn
Go used man. That's your best bet right now.

It's his only bet.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by RaveRock
Only 100 watts? Should I just spring for that? Or save more to go 200?

Definatly go more, im upgrading soon, to a markbass cab. 4 tens and one fifteen, just getting four tens for now though.
200 says the the people.

ebay, craigslist, pawn shops.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom