Page 1 of 2
All right people. This is the set up i want to get and the prices in USD, Opinion, suggestions and lower prices will be much appreciated.

guitars:
ibanez RGR 521 Ex 2 with EMG 81 and 85 pickups

Cabs:
1 marshall 2x12 1960 cab 399.99
1 peavey Valve King Head-approx. 450

effects pedals:
Boss Metalcore $100
1 boss MD-2 $79
dimebag wah $150
boss eq $100
boss chorus $90
boss flanger $120
boss delay $109
boss reverb $150
Last edited by relicmusic1990 at Jan 18, 2009,
you have over $13,100 and you want a valveking?
spend much more on the amp. eliminate pedals you don't need, specifically distortions. screw the epi lp if youre getting a gibson anyways.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
why the fudge do you want 3 crappy Boss distortions, two of which are the same? And why would you want 4 crappy VK cabs...in fact why would you ever need 4 cabs at all?

Dude, you're idea is absolutely retarded, you need to do a serious rethink....buy a couple of bits of good amplification gear instead of an absolute crapload of wank.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You would spend way too much on guitars.

If you're spending 13 grand, get a Diezel and a Splawn as your amps or something.
and you can do a whole lot better when it comes to effect pedals.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Hey guys, what do you think of my dream car? I'm going to get a Lamborghini Gallardo, but I'm going to get 6 extra sets of wing mirrors and replace the engine with one from a Prius.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I this thread.

Quote by steven seagull
why the fudge do you want 3 crappy Boss distortions, two of which are the same? And why would you want 4 crappy VK cabs...in fact why would you ever need 4 cabs at all?

Dude, you're idea is absolutely retarded, you need to do a serious rethink....buy a couple of bits of good amplification gear instead of an absolute crapload of wank.

+1

Quote by steven seagull
Hey guys, what do you think of my dream car? I'm going to get a Lamborghini Gallardo, but I'm going to get 6 extra sets of wing mirrors and replace the engine with one from a Prius.

I think TS needs to do some research.
How about getting JUST a JCM 800, ONE cab, and the tubecreamer?
Will sound much better, and cost much less.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by steven seagull

You're on fine form today, Mark.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Ok, now that I've managed to stop laughing long enough to re-read the first post...

Quote by relicmusic1990

guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst $3,399
Epiphone Les Paul black $369.99

Custom Made ESP $5,800
Ibanez rgr 521 ex2 $472

Cabs:
4 peavey valve king 4x12's $420.00 each
1 peavey valve king head $729.99

effects pedals:
Boss Metalcore $100
2 boss mega distortion $79 each

dimebag wah $150
boss eq $100
boss chorus $90
boss flanger $120
ibanez tube screamer $100
boss delay $109
boss reverb $150

grand total $13,107.98

What the **** are you going to do with 4 POS Valveking cabs?
I have to ask. Why exactly do you need 4 Valveking cabs where there's only gonna be one amp? And yea ignoring the fact that the Valveking isn't a high end amp by any means, what's the deal with the Epiphone and the Ibanez? I don't get it.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by al112987
Ok, now that I've managed to stop laughing long enough to re-read the first post...

What the **** are you going to do with 4 POS Valveking cabs?

Build a fort? They'd be sturdier than sofa cushions.

"I am Lord Craptone of Peavey, Baron of Castle Valveking!"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

why the **** are people being so rude for, i just ask for opinions not insults, what a bunch of assholes
Um, these ARE opinions.

Unless you mean onions, which look like this.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Ok. Ditch all the ****ty pedals. And the ****ty amps. Forget about a custome ESP.
Find 1 solid guitar, one really nice amp (I always suggest Splawn) and some high quality pedals. Then build from there.

Not sure what you play but I the Splawn Quickrod is a great, versitile amp. and ONE 4x12 Spalwn cab. Find a good guitar. The gibson is really nice of course. I'm not really a guitar expert. For effects, I suggest a Fulltone OCD, RMC Picture Wah, MXR 10-band eq, small clone chorus, EHX Holy grail and a DD-7. Not sre about the Flanger or chorus, mstly because I don't use them
You sound like a 14 year old who is listing their dream gear. Not a big deal, thats cool.

But your priorities are going to change drastically, and even if you had the money for all of that gear, you would kick yourself later on for getting the Epi, the Valvekings, and all of the boss pedals.

If you have that much money, why not go all-boutique/high end? Fulltone, Keeley, and others for the pedals

Mesa/Marshall for the heads and cabs

and of course Gibson USA/Custom Shop and Fender USA/Custom Shop for guitars.
TS: The reason why you're getting all these insults is because your idea is stupid. Sorry.

Quote by steven seagull
Build a fort? They'd be sturdier than sofa cushions.

"I am Lord Craptone of Peavey, Baron of Castle Valveking!"

"Allow me to overlook my $13,000 kingdom of Boss, blasphemous naysayers shall be smited by my wallet!"
Quote by al112987
TS: The reason why you're getting all these insults is because your idea is stupid. Sorry.

"Allow me to overlook my $13,000 kingdom of Boss, blasphemous naysayers shall be smited by my wallet!"

That was, by far, the stupidest post i have ever seen.
Want my opinion? You've made some silly choices, and you'd be wasting your money if you bought all that stuff. For that budget, you could have an elite level amp AND guitar and only the pedals you actually need. Instead, you've chosen a lot of mediocre stuff.

Mark: Nice work, in this thread.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
relicmusic1990 -

Either

A. You are young and are flipping thru a catalog / web site with no idea what you are doing.
B. You fell into some money, like an inheritence, and you are doing A. above
C. You just got signed by a lable and you need gear to hit the road with and put the amps at the bottom of list for consideration and you are doing A. above
D. You are trolling

There is no way someone in their right mind would spend $13K on that list of stuff.
Quote by relicmusic1990
why the **** are people being so rude for, i just ask for opinions not insults, what a bunch of assholes

You have to be trolling... this is just too grand...

I'd say get one 5000€ Gibson and some 3000€ ENGL head with some 1500€ cab a tuner, a delay, flanger (whatever effects you want) and an OD or something for hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh-gain.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
stuff all the pedals get a vg99.

Oh and BTW get 2 guitars - a gibson LP custom and one from your local luther - fittem both up to run the vg99

Then?

Get a deziel.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
are you willing to go used? if you go used, you could maybe get enough cash together to get another sd-1.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
I changed the stuff, and this si the gear i'm going to get all this stuff eventually, i don't have 13,000 dollars, thats just how much all that would cost.
Quote by relicmusic1990

people on here might be assholes, but that doesnt make them any less right (or any less hilarious in mark's case). the idea of buying ten thousand dollars worth of guitars and then playing through an amp thats around half a grand is just incredibly stupid. i would get 2 guitars, and not either of the custom ones. get a better version of the other two, like a nice $2000 gibby instead of that epi. or even a single cut PRS, seeing as how those are hella-nice.

so lets say youve spent $5k on guitars and you now have at least that much left over for amps and effects. something like a diezel, splawn or engl would suit you much better. and heck, just because you are rich, buy yourself a nice fender twin or something for cleans. ok, that leaves us at least a grand for effects. you want something more like the following:
overdrive: maxon tubescreamer
distortion: modded boss ds-1 or something like a demonizer
wah: one of the RMC wah's, whichever sounds nicest to you
eq: mxr 10 band eq
reverb: line 6 verbzilla
flanger: ehx deluxe electric mistress
chorus: rocktron tsunami would be a good start, look into boutique stuff
delay: line 6 dl-4 and a maxon ad-999

now none of those pedals are really even extremely high end and you could do better, but those are the kind of things you can easily find. all are much nicer than what you have. the amps will blow the VK out of the water, and 2 guitars that cost between $1-2k are going to do you much better than a $6k guitar next to a $500 one.

or just buy yourself $4k worth of vk cabs and build yourself a fort.
Quote by relicmusic1990
I changed the stuff, and this si the gear i'm going to get all this stuff eventually, i don't have 13,000 dollars, thats just how much all that would cost.

ffs lose the obsession with the Valveking and Boss pedals.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by relicmusic1990

effects pedals:
Boss Metalcore $100
1 boss MD-2 $79
dimebag wah $150
boss eq $100
boss chorus $90
boss flanger $120
boss delay $109
boss reverb $150

Dude.... Boss?

Couldn't you be a little more, uh, intuitive?

Boss usually sucks. Look into boutique, or if you don't want to, at least look into brands such as Electro-Harmonix, ZVex, MXR, Rocktron, Digitech, Fulltone, Way Huge, etc.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
guitars:
ibanez RGR 521 Ex 2 with EMG 81 and 85 pickups

Cabs:
1 marshall 2x12 1960 cab 399.99
1 peavey Valve King Head-approx. 450

effects pedals:
Boss Metalcore $100
1 boss MD-2 $79
dimebag wah $150
boss eq $100
boss chorus $90
boss flanger $120
boss delay $109
boss reverb $150

this is gonna cost: $2239
Ditch the ValveKing and the Ibanez.

Get a Gibby or a Fender, a nice Marshall head. Or maybe a Vox.

Splurge your ass off and buy a Diezel, they're amazing.

Buy GOOD pedals; don't buy ****ty generic Boss pedals 'becuz every1 haz them lololol!!!!!!111".
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
I have used all this stuff at the store before and i've gotten good reviews on it, and i love boss, i have a Boss MD-2 distortion pedal and it kicks ass
Quote by relicmusic1990
I have used all this stuff at the store before and i've gotten good reviews on it, and i love boss, i have a Boss MD-2 distortion pedal and it kicks ass

LOL

No it doesn't. Ever hear of a TubeScreamer and a good tube amp?

How old are you?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Quote by relicmusic1990
19-5 years old

Fixed.

Honestly, do yourself a favour, buy only a few Boss pedals, the decent ones, and before you bash pedals that rape Boss in every way possible, try them.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Please, please PLEASE do some research before you buy ANYTHING.

edit: By that I mean don't read crappy reviews, most of which are written during the honeymoon or the denial period.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Do you see Bostonrocks and HighwayToHell's rig plans? Now THOSE are valid gear plans. You've got your amp as the least important factor in your tone. Forget about all of those pedals and focus on the amp FIRST. I say this far too often actually.
Quote by djszkoda

Buy GOOD pedals; don't buy ****ty generic Boss pedals 'becuz every1 haz them lololol!!!!!!111".

Who is everyone? Boss pedals are very good. This is something I have never, EVER heard before - and I worked for 2 years at a major music gear retailer!

As for the whole issue, here - do what you want, TS. Experiment. If you want a VK and a bunch of Boss pedals, then GO FOR IT. There is no rule/law that says you have to but 'this' or 'that' - George Lynch used ss randalls for a good part of his career, and Dimebag uses solid-state... why everyone bags on the VK specifically, I will never know...
Page 1 of 2