Let me outline the situation for you guys,

I haven't got a load of money to spend, but I am in desperate need of a new amp. My budget lies around 270-280 euros, which is about 350-370 USD. The amp that I am looking for needs to have a good clean channel, distortion isn't a must since I've got my fair share of pedals.

The problem lies in the fact that I can't seem to decide whether I should buy the Hughes&Kettner Edition Blue 60W or a tinier tube amp. I've already tried the H&K and I must say I pretty much loved the sound...but many people tell me a tube would be way better.
If you've got any better suggestions for my size of budget, share em please
Oh and another thing it has to be moveable, I need to travel with it

Thanks
go with what you think sounds good don't just get something because someone tells you to
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Quote by ginjaninja
Will you be gigging with it, playing against a drum kit, or anything like that?

Yer I'll problably be gigging with it, no stadium-lke venues though you know...just some gigs in bars and theatres etc.
Then a 60 wqatt ss amp would probably be best, since there arent many tube amps in your range that wont break up at those volumes
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
I've got that amp.

The cleans are really nice, but the distrotion channel is not that great unfortunately. It's a bit muddy on higher gain settings, but on lower gain it's got a pretty good blues tone. Also it doesn't have that much gain (so for metal it isn't really suitable).

But for the same price, you won't find a nice tube combo.
Maybe check out some Peavey Vypyrs or Roland Cubes.

If you've got a nice distortion pedal, then I can recommend it (but try it in the shop how they sound together).
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
hey if u like the tone of the h&k go with it!
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube