Poll: Does using a certain pick make you play better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does using a certain pick make you play better?
Yes
24 77%
No
7 23%
Voters: 31.
So I got a variety pack of Clayton picks the other day, and they're pretty cool, and I really like one, because it helps me alternate pick way better. I just can't do it that fast with my other picks.

So, does EG think that using a different pick can make you play a little better?
Strats & Seagulls
Last edited by xxBR34KD0WN at Jan 18, 2009,
no they don't

edit: except if you have the ****ING PICK OF DESTINY
It is the thickness and material of the pick that affects your playing.

If it is a thick tortex pick, it will be easier to pick fast.

Yet if you have a thin plastic pick, it will be easier to play chords.

I don't think the brand of the pick makes a difference, but the material and thickness does.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Yes, But not just because of the different types of picks, because everyone has a preferance, and if you like thick picks your not going to like playing with them therefore not being as good. Once you find a pick you are totally satisfied and you love using them (thick or thin, tone is a preferance too) it will make you better then you would be using a pick you hate.

Edit: Oh and don't forget certain picks are better suited for specific tasks, (IMO It's easier to play fast with a thick pick, but easier to play alot of chords with something that flexes)
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Last edited by milkmanv1 at Jan 18, 2009,
Probably, since your muscle memory is different to everyone's else and it gets used to something in particular. Reason why some people can't play Flying Vs because they're either stupid or their memory hasn't registered the classical position yet, as an example.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
I have 1 lucky pick, I've played all my gigs with it and it's the only thing I use.
Unfortunately I stole it from my band's old guitarist so I don't know where to buy more
I think it's a mental thing for me, I feel more confident with it, but then again it's just a pick..
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.