http://www.kokokumaru.com/space/space.html

Look at the pictures on that link, I'm trying to recreate the technique they've used.
Any ideas at how you'd work out what angle to distort the text to make it look 2D from a certain position?
Ive thought about projecting the image onto the 3D surfaces, but im thinking there must be a better way of doing it, probably involving some pretty hefty trig equations or something.
Any ideas?
It's impossible. The person who made those used magic.

Edit: The "C" in the last one is perfect. It seriously does look like it's flowing above the surface...
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Jan 18, 2009,
Look at the colors.I think that's the key, lighter color in the places that there is more light and darker in the places that are dark.
Rawr!
maybe project your image onto the surface?
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by bikerboyjosh
maybe project your image onto the surface?

I was thinking along those lines.

It's all in the perspective, so that would make sense.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
I've seen picture of those things from all different angles and it's just regular paint. It's like those sidewalk drawings that look like they're popping out.
Quote by LordBishek
There's definitely some eigenvalue analysis going on here...

Having just wiki'd that..
seems like your onto something. how would you go about applying that?
Quote by Vox85
Having just wiki'd that..
seems like your onto something. how would you go about applying that?

Dunno man. Not something I'm terribly familiar with.
Quote by Karvid
The "C" in the last one is perfect. It seriously does look like it's flowing above the surface...

Yeah your right, if i hadn't seen it from other angles, I would of said it was photoshopped.
If you projected an image and traced it, you'd need to **** with the image before projecting it to get the perspective right. If you just projected an image, the image would warp to conform to whatever it's being projected on. Try projecting on some uneven surfaces and you'll see what I mean.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Vox85
http://www.kokokumaru.com/space/space.html

Look at the pictures on that link, I'm trying to recreate the technique they've used.
Any ideas at how you'd work out what angle to distort the text to make it look 2D from a certain position?
Ive thought about projecting the image onto the 3D surfaces, but im thinking there must be a better way of doing it, probably involving some pretty hefty trig equations or something.
Any ideas?

it's all perspective dude. I draw. you first have to look at you image as a piece of paper... from there you have to measure out your perspective points... it's really not that complicated but it's very creative.
"Recycling and speed limits are bullshit...They're like someone who quits smoking on his deathbed."
There might be 2 ways to do this...

One is with all the eigen vectors and what not and mathematically figure it out....Computer engineers maybe?

Or you could go the artistic route, like the street artists do with an artistic eye and proper perspective.
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Quote by VoodooChild15
If you projected an image and traced it, you'd need to **** with the image before projecting it to get the perspective right. If you just projected an image, the image would warp to conform to whatever it's being projected on. Try projecting on some uneven surfaces and you'll see what I mean.

Which is the effect he wants to achieve.

If you see the view from where the projector was, it is undistorted.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Y'know, they're probably all holograms or twisted hi-jinks like that. Magical spells of ancient magical magic, you follow? Yep.

Damn you, R2-D2, I always knew you were behind all this.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Last edited by ToastYerLicks at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by Fleabag
Which is the effect he wants to achieve.

If you see the view from where the projector was, it is undistorted.

No, it's not. If you project an image so that half of it is on a screen that's close to the projector and the other half is on another screen that's farther away, the farther away half is going to appear larger.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
That's really weird, I just StumbledUpon this as I entered the thread...

http://www.stumbleupon.com/toolbar/#url=http%2525253A//de-war.de/eurekacarpark.html

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Cheers for the ideas!
I've decided to go for just projecting it on the walls and drawing it out, as otherwise I would have to deal with 3 point perspective and it would get enormously complicated!