Page 1 of 3
So like a Marshall but with less reliability? Sounds fail to me.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
They are fairly nice.

Do they make a Mesa/Boogie Dual rectifier copy?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I'm fairly excited about these. Sure enough the Bugera reliability is questionable, but for the price of most Bugera's, it seems like a good option for people who want a Marshall clone/re-issue but don't want to spend the money on a hand-wired clone from companies like Ceriatone, or to pay for Marshall's re-issues.
Quote by AdamDK
I'm fairly excited about these. Sure enough the Bugera reliability is questionable, but for the price of most Bugera's, it seems like a good option for people who want a Marshall clone/re-issue but don't want to spend the money on a hand-wired clone from companies like Ceriatone, or to pay for Marshall's re-issues.

ceriatone's pretty cheap imo, dont think these will be THAT cheap in comparison, prob same price as 6260
Quote by Chrisiphone
They are fairly nice.

Do they make a Mesa/Boogie Dual rectifier copy?

Iheard they were considering it, but for now its jusy marshalls and peaveys
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
This is an interesting development.
I want the JCM clone badly!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by stephen_rettie
ceriatone's pretty cheap imo, dont think these will be THAT cheap in comparison, prob same price as 6260

Ah yeah, it's Metropoulus that do the more expensive clones. And Splawn do some too.

I think a JCM800 clone is needed.
So.... they make the poor man's Peaveys, which are already the poor man's Marshall.

And now they're making their own version of a poor man's Marshall?

I'm dying to see a gutshot and/or schematic of this.
Quote by ShredGod George
Iheard they were considering it, but for now its jusy marshalls and peaveys

Awww

Maybe in the future hopefully

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by al112987
So.... they make the poor man's Peaveys, which are already the poor man's Marshall.

Since when has Peavey been a poor mans Marshall? They're voiced completely differently.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by al112987

Peaveys are pretty much the opposite of marshalls
straight up american Vs. british Voicings
the windsors a knockoff marshall, but bugera doesnt have a clone of that
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by jambi_mantra
Since when has Peavey been a poor mans Marshall? They're voiced completely differently.

Uh... since they were released. They were released as affordable alternatives to Marshalls and Mesas, especially during the 80s with amps like the VTMs. I'm not bashing Peaveys, they are great workhorse amps that sound good and are affordable.
peavey Originaly made copy's of marshall if I remember corectly
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Well peavey already showed the world the 6505+ 112 combo, it is peavey's only amp that could compete with the peavey based bugera amps in the below the $1000 price range.
i would like to see marshall building an affordable tube amp that could compete with bugera's marshall clones.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Well peavey already showed the world the 6505+ 112 combo, it is peavey's only amp that could compete with the peavey based bugera amps in the below the $1000 price range.
i would like to see marshall building an affordable tube amp that could compete with bugera's marshall clones.

+1
I would love a cheap EL34 1x12 combo capable of JCM 800 tones. But under £500.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
well get a Laney AOR then it's a JCM800 for less than 450 USD
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Simsimius
+1

You can get some real bargains on ebay.
My 50w 2x12 JCM800 combo was £251!

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Simsimius
+1

Laney AOR

Quote by Chrisiphone
You can get some real bargains on ebay.
My 50w 2x12 JCM800 combo was £251!

Quote by Highwaytohell
Laney AOR

But, if I wanted to buy one, I'd have to wait ages for one to appear on ebay. Bit of a problem.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
I'm optimistic about these.
I'm just hoping that Bugera bothered to improve the QC.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
they're on ebay normally

I have one, what do you want to pay for it
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I hope Bugera smooths out it's QC with these, but otherwise an AOR or real JCM 800 would be your best bet.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
I posted some new info I found on these over in the Bugera Users Militia thread, check it out.
Quote by Bostonrocks
well get a Laney AOR then it's a JCM800 for less than 450 USD

There's a combo on my CL for $125 right now, I really want it, but they still haven't emailed me back
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Van Noord
Thanks for the link with specs.

If its under 500$ and Has tight qc then Then it looks like its a war between the 6505 1x12 and this for my money.
BTW what is the estimated price?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Last edited by edge11 at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by edge11
If its under 500$ and Has tight qc then Then it looks like its a war between the 6505 1x12 and this for my money.
No definite price yet.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by Van Noord
No definite price yet.

People who have supposedly already ordered it, said it's $550.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Btw to those of you hysterical about getting jcm800 copies, its easy to make them out of typical 15 watt tube amps(like laney lc15, vc15, crate v18, classic 20). Just a few components needed to replace and the schematic will be nearly identical(save for the output tubes). Much cheaper than buying a bugera, unless your time costs 200$ an hour
Quote by al112987
Uh... since they were released. They were released as affordable alternatives to Marshalls and Mesas, especially during the 80s with amps like the VTMs. I'm not bashing Peaveys, they are great workhorse amps that sound good and are affordable.

Very true. Peavey used be a pretty crap company back in the day.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I thought the 5150 was actually a copy of a Soldano SLO which was a copy of the Marshall.

I don't consider a 5150 British voiced either. Hot rodded plexi maybe. Hell, what do I know. I don't think I will be buying any Bugeras, that I do know.
peavey poor mans marshall? marshalls are not that cheap then in america. they are similarily priced here in australia.

i can see a place in music for bugera. their chinese copies are not great, but they are better than my first practice amp. they should make smaller tube amps for beginners.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I thought the 5150 was actually a copy of a Soldano SLO which was a copy of the Marshall.

I don't consider a 5150 British voiced either. Hot rodded plexi maybe. Hell, what do I know. I don't think I will be buying any Bugeras, that I do know.

soldano slo is basically a heavily modded super lead head.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Everything is overpriced in Australia, but Peaveys were first made in the USA as cheaper alternatives to Marshalls and Mesa Boogies that were so popular in the 80s and 90s, thus amps like the VTMs, Ultras, etc. etc. Even now, Peavey is still significantly cheaper than Marshalls or Mesas or whatever other high end brand out there, the most expensive Peavey I can think of (JSX) is still under $1500. The entire point of Peavey is to have quality gear at affordable prices.

And again, I'm not bashing Peavey or saying that they're second rate or anything, there is nothing wrong with making more affordable tube amps as long as the quality still stands in which it does with the case of Peavey. Ultras, VTMs, 5150s, etc. are all good amps. Bugera is pushing the envelope even further and going from "affordable" to just downright "cheap."

People need to realize that you can only skimp out on costs for so long before it starts affecting quality, whether in components and/or in build. A good set of transformers for a 100 watt Marshall clone alone costs 50% of the price that Bugera is charging for these amps. I think that tells you something...
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by al112987
People need to realize that you can only skimp out on costs for so long before it starts affecting quality, whether in components and/or in build. A good set of transformers for a 100 watt Marshall clone alone costs 50% of the price that Bugera is charging for these amps. I think that tells you something...

Economies of scale will account for some of those costs. Obviously they are going to be lower quality, but the price of buying in bulk will push down their costs hugely.
Quote by edge11

Bugera's tight QC is YOU: You have to check for loose connections, bad tubes, and whatever else happens to those amps.
And I don't see why you are choosing between the 6505+ 112 or a Marshall clone. Both amps are quite different...

EDIT: I think it was a good move for Bugera to make a JCM 900 copy; there's plenty of them used, but not everyone uses ebay/craigslist to buy gear.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jan 19, 2009,
Page 1 of 3