Time for another Rig of Ultimate Doom thread gang- this could really come to fruition in 09. Just looking for opinons on what to buy and where I should take out and put in you know?

My Current Rig

Amps
Peavey Classic 30
1965 Fender Princeton Reverb

FX
Boss TU-2
1980s MIJ Boss BF-2
Boss PS-5
1980s MXR Dyna-Comp
1970s Morley Power Wah
Arteffects Zenith Overdrive
Fulltone mini-DejaVibe
Line 6 DL4

Guitars
1965 Gibson SG jr.
1967 Danelectro Coral Firefly
Brownsville LP Copy (my project after the pedalboard, it's stripped and ready to get refinished and updated)
Ibanez RG4QMEX1- throwing in dimarzios!

The Rig of Ultimate Doom

Amps
Splawn Super-Comp, its basically JUST the Nitro's gain channel. (white plexi with gold piping- Yes I'm a rhoads fan, tung-sol EL34bs) matching 2x12 cab w/ splawn sb25s
1965 Fender Princeton Reverb

FX
Boss TU-2
1980s MIJ Boss BF-2
Boss PS-5 w/ Expression Pedal
Boss DS-1 with Monte Allums Tri-gain and Rectifier mods
1980s MXR Dyna-Comp with Monte Allums mods
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
1970s Morley Power Wah
Arteffects Zenith Overdrive
Fulltone mini DejaVibe
Line6 DL4
Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz
MXR 10 Band EQ

Rack
Furman Power conditioner
DeltaLabs Supertimeline Rack Delay
ISP Pro-Rack Noise Eliminator
GCX Switching system
GCX midi-board

Guitars
Same as above plus
Either a Gibson Explorer or an LP Classic, or perhaps an old Charvel, might even grab a strat and mod it.

Added gear will run me up... well the Splawn stuff costs around 2300 (the head is 1650, the 2x12 cab is 500, add tax and you've got that) the Hoof fuzz is 165, the Power conditioner is 150, the MXR I can probably find used for under a hundred. The ISP Pro-Rack is 400 (YIKES!). I might substitute the GCX switching system for a usable pedal board thing (loopmaster, CAE etc etc.) the guitar costs around 1000 if I don't spring for the LP Classic. I'm not including the cost of my power supply, pedalboard, and rack shelving now so all in all this would cost... A little under 5 grand...

Alright gang... What should I add, change or take out?

whoa... too much to read o_O
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
So you're telling me that just about 5g's for a rig is a 'tight budget?' Wow.

When you get to the real world, let me know and I'll show you around. I did my rig for 1200 bucks used including a guitar, an amp, and fx. That's a tight budget.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
When I say tight budget, I mean in terms of the amplifier- Some people would consider 2300 useless if your going botique. But I don't like Bogners and Diezels (They DO have great tone, but I just don't like thier voicings) This probably won't be complete till the end of the year
Any Ideas on what to change?
if your spendind 5 grand You might wanna go nicer than boss on the effects
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
The Boss FX are the one's I already Have -The BF-2 is an 80s MIJ one. I see no point in buying a more expensive tuner, and I'm modding the DS-1 as I wrote. The PS-5 I might consider trading in for a whammy, or scapping it and buying a POG
I say go for the Charvel and hold off on the pro rack, decide later if you'll really need it.
Funny thing is, I already have terrible noise problems just running my SG into my classic 30. That might be becuase the pickups are microphonic after all these years so i've got to get them wax potted. But I still get noise problems, so I might just go with the standard decimator pedal
Maybe try to pick up some of that stuff, Splawn mainly, used. Or did you already put your deposit down? I would look for a used Quickrod. That way, you can pick up the 'gears' on OD channel and a Clean channel and save some money.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 19, 2009,
Hmmm Thing Is i'm not interested in a QR- I kind of got set on the Nitros a bit back and I realized how little i used cleans- but the thing with the Super comps is they are very dynamic so rolling down volume gets me great cleans...
^that's cool.

Nitro is based off the QRod anyway and there really isn't much difference. I doubt if you had them behind a curtain and everything else was equal you would be able to tell the difference. I've played the 3 different Gears on the QRod and just about shat my pants. Plus, there are a lot more Quickrods out there then any of their other amps.

Just throwin stuff out there.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 18, 2009,
True dat. I would definitely hop on one If the oppertunity arose. I might have to call Vom (guy who runs the splawn fan boards) up becasue he lives in my town and take a look
Quote by Highwaytohell
Funny thing is, I already have terrible noise problems just running my SG into my classic 30. That might be becuase the pickups are microphonic after all these years so i've got to get them wax potted. But I still get noise problems, so I might just go with the standard decimator pedal

So... you're telling me that you're going to spend all kinds of money on a nice boutique amp and some posh pedals, and then you're going to waste all that good tone (and another $400) by sticking in a noise gate simply because you're too [insert suitable derogatory word here] to fix the problem that's actually causing the noise?

Am I reading this one right? Or is there something I'm missing?
Get a G major and run everything fx wise through that?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel