List Old Wives Tales you've heard over the years and have a banter!

I'll start;

"Clicking your knuckles will give you Arthritis."

This is proven to be wrong. SO carry on clickin' everybody!

NEXT!
Quote by boreamor
Women should be allowed to vote.

I lol'd.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
fapping will make hair grow out of your palms and make you blind.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by badgerific
Although it has been proven to not cause arthritis, it has been shown that it can cause other things.

But not Arthritis lol
crusts make you look like slash
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by boreamor
Women should be allowed to vote.

You have to wait 30 minutes before you go swimming after eating. Or something like that
Get a Carvin. Do it.
being outside in the cold makes you sick. this is not true. it lowers your resistance and makes it easier for you to get sick, but cold itself cannot make you sick....unless you count hypothermia.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Shaving will make your beard grow back thicker.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
Shaving will make your beard grow back thicker.

Lol thats true, it does grow back thicker.
Quote by Toker420
Lol thats true, it does grow back thicker.

No
http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/hairgrow.asp

All it does is even out the hair so it looks like it's thicker. It doesn't affect the actual growth. That all comes with time.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Jan 18, 2009,
'Masturbation causes blindness
Carrots will help you see better
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
A thousand monkeys working on a thousand typewriters will eventually produce som collection of literature or another.
The internet has proven that millions of humans at millions of keyboards produce nothing but badly spelled claptrap.
Quote by Karvid
No
http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/hairgrow.asp

All it does is even out the hair so it looks like it's thicker. It doesn't affect the actual growth. That all comes with time.

Look its common knowladge that the more you shave the more hair you grow. Shaving weakens the surface skin and makes it easier for hair to come out. While i agree that you cant get more hair if its all there but kids just starting to grow will get thicker if they shave more.
Quote by Toker420
Look its common knowladge that the more you shave the more hair you grow. Shaving weakens the surface skin and makes it easier for hair to come out. While i agree that you cant get more hair if its all there but kids just starting to grow will get thicker if they shave more.

Nope. Lol.
Quote by MightyAl
A thousand monkeys working on a thousand typewriters will eventually produce som collection of literature or another.
The internet has proven that millions of humans at millions of keyboards produce nothing but badly spelled claptrap.

No, theoretically that's true.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
No, theoretically that's true.

No, it's called an aphorism. All the monekys would in fact die long before anything worthwhile was created.
Quote by MightyAl
No, it's called an aphorism. All the monekys would in fact die long before anything worthwhile was created.

That's why it's philosophy.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by boreamor
Doesn't Carrotine help vision? I swear I heard something like this in biology.

Actually the US airforce started that myth, when people in WWII started wondering how US pilots could aim so well in fog etc. It was actually because they invented radar, but to keep that secret the airforce said it was because the pilots had been eating carrots to help their vision.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
People only use 10% of their brains.

There is such a thing as a left-brained or right-brained person.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by iantheman
Actually the RAF started that myth, when people in WWII started wondering how British pilots could aim so well in fog etc. It was actually because they invented radar, but to keep that secret the airforce said it was because the pilots had been eating carrots to help their vision.

Ahem...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Hiccoughs are a sign that you've been lying.

My Mum'd always say "have you been telling porkies"
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.