Page 1 of 2
So i was just wondering after seeing that other thread, "good encore songs", what songs are good to open with and get the audience pumped!

I was thinking maybe The Boys Are Back Town by Thin Lizzy or Thunderstruck by
AC/DC. So what all you guys think?

(I searched a few things couldnt find anything related but if there is i'll delete this thread)
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Last edited by ThinLizzyFan at Jan 18, 2009,
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Scream Aim Fire - BFMV

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
write your own music to start off the show... but i'd go with welcome to the jungle
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
yeah i'd say start with an original, otherwise you look like a twat saying
"HELLO, WE ARE *NAME*"
right after playing a cover
Quote by jimivancobain
write your own music to start off the show... but i'd go with welcome to the jungle

Tbh i think most bands that use their own music sometimes ruin their performances because some people can't write very good stuff and the audience cant really relate to it. But i guess if your bands popular then yeah go with your own stuff

Hey You!
creeping death!
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
red flag by billy talent. starts out slow for a awsome intro and then gets amazingly epic. also isn't to hard to learn.
Last edited by wesleyisgay at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
Tbh i think most bands that use their own music sometimes ruin their performances because some people can't write very good stuff and the audience cant really relate to it. But i guess if your bands popular then yeah go with your own stuff

If all you do is covers(and arent a specific cover band) then there is not much preformance value there due to lack of original contents, unless you are really changing the songs you do to make them sound unique.

if not. I'd prefer just to listen to the actual bands play the songs on youtube??
Depending on what type of crowd it will be, as long as it's pretty recognisable.

Can't Stop, as mentioned above is a good pick.

You Shook Me All Night Long, came to mind.
Quote by marko'd
If all you do is covers(and arent a specific cover band) then there is not much preformance value there due to lack of original contents, unless you are really changing the songs you do to make them sound unique.

if not. I'd prefer just to listen to the actual bands play the songs on youtube??

Well i mean shove a few of your own songs in but i wouldn't open with one because if it ends up that it is quite a bad song and your not a very popular band the audience are gonna get a bad first impression of you etc. im not saying just specifically use covers

Hey You!
I wouldn't start with an original cause people don't know it so they won't get that exited.
there many songs that are good to open with.
as said above, can't stop - rhcp
or all my life - foo fighters
the pretender - foo fighters
Killing in the name of - ratm.

Look at some live performances of the bands your covering and see what they use as intro song.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Hit the lights!
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Here's an idea:
Play a song over the loudspeaker (the original track, don't cover it) before you come out, then play an original as your first song.

Metallica does it with "It's a Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock And Roll)" by AC/DC and then "Ecstasy of Gold" before they open.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Yeah you really have to play an origional first. Something that shows all the best qualities in your band and that is pretty accessable so the crowd can get into it.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

Was waiting for ages for the penis.

Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm in ireland, we're neutral, we won't fight unless its for a day off or alcohol

Nihilism doesn't exist...
Quote by Underjoggle
Here's an idea:
Play a song over the loudspeaker (the original track, don't cover it) before you come out, then play an original as your first song.

Metallica does it with "It's a Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock And Roll)" by AC/DC and then "Ecstasy of Gold" before they open.

This is a good idea as well.
My guitarist has an idea for something similar except it's him playing moonlight sonata (or part of it)
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Aces High
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by ThinLizzyFan
Well i mean shove a few of your own songs in but i wouldn't open with one because if it ends up that it is quite a bad song and your not a very popular band the audience are gonna get a bad first impression of you etc. im not saying just specifically use covers

but youd have to be an absolute tard to start with a bad song, original or not
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by mentalrazorback
Yeah you really have to play an origional first. Something that shows all the best qualities in your band and that is pretty accessable so the crowd can get into it.

This.

and

I didn't know I'd been sigged
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
my old band opened with cant stop every time. its a winner.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
In theory any opening track will do, or something you can jam into.

We normally just do a random jam in the key of our first song then hit into our original opener.
I cum blood.

Come on, somebody had to say it.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I feel like I should pay you in sexual favors for that truly fapic story.

Quote by esther_mouse
Aww thank you sweetie Made my day a little bit brighter.

^that post and others like it made mine a Lot brighter.
Welcome to the Jungle !
And as about a million people have said, Can't Stop.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy

Quote by MetalheadforJC

I herd rap mean Retraded Attemped at Poetry

Quote by FishCream
I cum blood.

Come on, somebody had to say it.

We get this far without a meme or whatever and you ruin it

Hey You!
1up.

Don't ask.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Page 1 of 2