i'm a beginner. i only have an acoustic guitar and i would like to know some simplified easy versions of some Jimi Hendrix songs.
Last edited by 0hardrock0 at Jan 18, 2009,
i'm fairly sure Hey Joe just goes up in 5ths, so look into that
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

thats a sin playing Jimi on an acoustic.
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
i'm fairly sure Hey Joe just goes up in 5ths, so look into that

If you're doing open chords it's pretty much just C-G-D-A-E
Feed your mind.
ha, funny thing concerning the topic title. Though Hendrix of course doesn't have any 'special chords' unlike everybody else, he used one chord-type rather often, so it became eponymously associated with him, the 7flat9... for example in E, it'd be (x7678x), you'll recognize this from many songs like Purple Haze, etc..

i'm a beginner. i only have an acoustic guitar and i would like to know some simplified easy versions of some Jimi Hendrix songs.

Well, you're in a tough position. Hendrix songs aren't the most beginner-friendly, plus many of his tunes rely rather heavy on electric guitar -specifics (bendings, wah, overdrive, upper register leads, etc..).

The closest you can probably get is "Hey Joe", as it can be simplified into a beginner version (because you can play it with standart open chords) without losing too much of its charm, and it doesn't rely too heavy on electric guitar specifics.
There are other songs that you could simplify, but how well that'd work.. well that depends on your abilites. If the songs still require barre chords, challenging finger stretches, quick runs and a tricky rhythm, you may not get very far...

All in all, I wouldn't want to discourage you from tackling Hendrix if this is what you want: if you really pour your heart and sweat into it, you can surely master some tunes as a beginner on an acoustic. However, for the most part I'd advise people (as a guitar-teacher) to play something more fitting first, where you can build up the skills so the advanced stuff later will come easier.