Should i add another spring to my bridge? I was looking at my bridge, i had a 9v battery in there before to hold it in place, but im thinking, should i just add another spring? I took out the battery and tightened the claw screws a little and it seems to have helped. but its still not completely level with the body of the guitar. Its a dean strat copy, so its pretty much the same as a strat tremolo. Is there any advice i could use?
A battery...??? Just go buy a spring, it wont do any damage, just tighten your trem
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
if you wanted it blocked because you didnt use the trem anyway, then the battery or any similar block was fine.

if you'd rather use springs then add enough so it's level.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Jenny's right, I just had a bad feeling about wedging a battery in there
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Yeah, i dont blame you, battery worked fine, but i tightened the screws in, ill go buy a spring tomorrow. I heard something about intonation and things when i add springs and mess with the trem, can someone shine some light on this?
when ever you change the angle of the bridge, or strings, you should check your tuning at the 12th fret.

if the strings arent in tune, then you can adjust the strings to change that.

click the green link in my sig. answer in first post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Thank you jj1565 . Ill check that out and play around with it a little