Starting to form a band, I wanted to cover some Muse songs right away. But a problem is that being the vocals and the lead guitarist, does it take very much practice/talent? Or is it kinda like an acoustic song where it's really hard to match the beat at first, but it gets really easy.

So can anyone tell me if this skill (lead guitar&vocals) is a good thing to practice or am I wasting my time doing something impossible?
its good to practise, I do it and it does get easier like an acoustic song, as long as you're not singing over a shred solo or something stupid
mark knopfler did it => its worthwhile

depending on the type of music, it can be very helpful. If the only lead parts come in when there's no vocals, like most muse songs, then its worthwhile, as otherwise the singer would have nothing to do in the instrumental breaks and the lead guitarist would have nothing to do in the rest of the song.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
It's reasonable to sing while playing lead guitar. Many bands do this: Dire Straits, Weezer, Jimmy Eat World, Nirvana, Blink-182, Foo Fighters (to some extent), and of course about every blues band ever...
Quote by 1337guitarplayr
But a problem is that being the vocals and the lead guitarist, does it take very much practice/talent?

well the question i would ask is, have you tried it yet? everybodys different, it might come naturally to some, others not so much. try it, practice it. i think my first question would be "can you play rhythm and sing?" regardless of whether you're playing rhythm or lead you need to be able to play your parts on your instrument without even thinking about it, generally us guitarists need to focus on singing and let the guitar playing be second nature.
Its doable. You need to beable to do both without thinking about it preferably. Like, you need to know the song without having to think what the words are, or what the guitar parts are. Theres good advice about singing + playing at same time in one of the stickies here i think...