What's the best way top get about $350 out of my Epiphone '56 Goldtop? I've been trying to sell it on Craigslist the past few days for $350. I have not received any Emails, and I sent a few out 3 days ago, which were no returned. I do not want to try Ebay or anything where I would have to ship. Any other good ways? Any techniques I should try? Or should I just wait it out? Here's some pictures of the guitar......

Here's my Craigslist add...If this isn't allowed I'll take it down...

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/msg/995726090.html
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

No hits means its priced too high. Bottom line. That crack isnt helping matters. One ding like that and people expect major discount. You need to ask yourself what you are willing to take for it otherwise just keep it.
Hmmm, if you were in Wisconsin, I would buy it. Just trying to make you feel better.....
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by CarbonDeath
Hmmm, if you were in Wisconsin, I would buy it. Just trying to make you feel better.....

Well thank ya' Mr. Death.

▲ ▲

Last edited by OzarkMDaredevil at Jan 18, 2009,
first of all, you really shouldnt post your CL here, but whatever, i'll assume you're honestly looking for advice and not trying to backdoor an ad in eg.

advice;

dont call it a crack unless it is a crack.
if it's a dent, call it a surface divot or dent from normal use.

a crack makes it sound like it took a fall and that there's a hidden damage.

also your add has too much in it.
with this tldr generation, you need to get to the point.

GOLD TOP EPI, Hard to find!
p-90s

neck is perfect. mint except for small cosmetic, dent at bottom. must sell...

blah blah. and lower the price to $339
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
first of all, you really shouldnt post your CL here, but whatever, i'll assume you're honestly looking for advice and not trying to backdoor an ad in eg.

advice;

dont call it a crack unless it is a crack.
if it's a dent, call it a surface divot or dent from normal use.

a crack makes it sound like it took a fall and that there's a hidden damage.

also your add has too much in it.
with this tldr generation, you need to get to the point.

GOLD TOP EPI, Hard to find!
p-90s

neck is perfect. mint except for small cosmetic, dent at bottom. must sell...

blah blah. and lower the price to $339

Okay, thanks. That's one thing I was worried about was itr being about 2-3 paragraphs long and nobody wanting to read it. Thanks, I'll try those out.
And don't worry, nobody on here lives where I live, so I wouldn't be fishing for sales.
And I'm thinking about possibly forgetting the price and just looking for trades....Hmmm....

▲ ▲