Hey all,

I'm borrowing an old Gibson acoustic (I want to say a J-45, but I'm admittedly not terribly well versed in acoustic models) from a friend of mine. Unfortunately, the bridge is starting to crack and come up from the body. I've done rather extensive research on how to remove and replace a bridge, and I'm fairly confident that I could do the repair myself. The only problem is that I cannot for the life of me find a replacement! With my finances the way they are, I can't afford to purchase the woodworking tools to make one myself, so does anyone have any idea where I could find a Gibson style, top-loading bridge?

Cheers.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6
glue that one back on, if its an old gibso replacing the part will cause the price of the guitar to plumet
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Like I said before, the bridge plate is starting to crack, might it be safe to assume that the structural integrity would be compromised by putting a cracked bridge back onto a guitar?
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6
Quote by fitzyfantastic
Like I said before, the bridge plate is starting to crack, might it be safe to assume that the structural integrity would be compromised by putting a cracked bridge back onto a guitar?

if you use strong enough glue i think it should be fine. it all depends on how badly it is damaged though i suppose.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
pics would help
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I'll do what I can to get pics posted tonight. It would be great to keep the guitar all original, but I'd much rather have a de-valued awesome playing and sounding guitar than an all-original wall mount.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6