Poll Options
View poll results: Windows 7?
Yes
40 41%
No
58 59%
Voters: 98.
Page 1 of 3
So is anyone using the Windows 7 beta? I am and I love it. I've had Vista for about 2 years and this is a huge improvement. Now, I am no Vista bandwagon hater, but this version of Windows offers much better memory management. The interface is a lot like OS X, and that isn't a bad thing. I am no Apple fan, but their OS does work. I only have one driver issue (speakers on my laptop) but my external speakers work just fine. I was wondering if anyone else is using it.

EDIT: Adding link for anyone who wants to try it free. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Last edited by i have to pee at Jan 18, 2009,
Another one?

I'm still content with XP.

Seems only like yesterday that they released Vista.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
as a MAC-panther i can say that i am content on my OS X and therefore not on any Windows
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I havn't downloaded it yet but apparantly it uses less RAM than both XP and Vista. Plus it looks better. I'll have to get my hands on it asap. If anybody needs the links give me a shout.
how do you get a copy? never even knew it was out!
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
I havn't downloaded it yet but apparantly it uses less RAM than both XP and Vista. Plus it looks better. I'll have to get my hands on it asap. If anybody needs the links give me a shout.

According to wiki, it needs 1gb of RAM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

You just single-handedly caused an entire future generation of people to be flushed down the toilet.

Good job, TS.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

Free .iso download from Microsoft themselves. You have to burn it to a DVD, or mount it with something like Daemon Tools. Fairly painless install, only takes like 30 minutes too.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
I really wanna download it, but I'm kind of wary about betas.

Quote by Kenit
According to wiki, it needs 1gb of RAM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7

Same as Vista. But it's such an improvement over Vista, it's basically like using less.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp

XP is like reccomended 128mb RAM. 7 is 1gb apparently.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Donkey Fly

Yes, XP has really low system requirements for today's PCs. But, Vista and Windows 7 handles almost everything differently. They pretty much rewrote everything for Vista then improved it vastly for 7.

And, finally, it has a built in background switcher.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I really wanna download it, but I'm kind of wary about betas.

Same as Vista. But it's such an improvement over Vista, it's basically like using less.

Haven't tried vista on this PC, since I only have 512mb of RAM and 64mb of Graphics.
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

You just single-handedly caused an entire future generation of people to be flushed down the toilet.

Good job, TS.
I tested in in a virtual machine, regulat BSOD's, probably just VM incompatibility though.

Some of the new ideas are not bad, still ships with balls all software though.
I would, but I only have 896mbs of RAM. :/

I'm rockin' XP right now.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
It has an awesome SEARCHBAR
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by Kenit
Haven't tried vista on this PC, since I only have 512mb of RAM and 64mb of Graphics.

Ouch. Well, you better save up for a new PC soon. lol. I can't wait for it to come out. My Dad works for Microsoft, and I just asked him, and he said it might come out around early summer.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by convictionless
do you think if i have microsoft officer 2007 it will work in this?

Yes, I'm 99% sure.

It should. I haven't run into any program compatibility issues yet. I assume if it runs on Vista, it should run on 7. Visual Studio runs just fine, if not better.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by Donkey Fly

Yeah, sorry. I should have said it used up less system resources than both XP and Vista,
When it is officially released, I will try it...until then I don't want to make a new partition and dual boot
I've got a Mac - i'm already ten years ahead of W7.....

What's that PC fanboy!? I can't play Crysis on my lame Mac and some programs don't work!?

WOE.

I think i'll continue without a firewall and anti-virus programs that hog a flawed piece of code.
I'm still stuck with Windows XP
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Yeah.
Way better than XP that I had before.
Not sluggish, runs on my 4 year old laptop.

Much better than vista (that i've used on the network pc and my dads laptop) which was slow and sluggish, even with 2GB ram.

Overall, best OS they've released so far, even though it's only a beta.

Quote by davedoom

What's that PC fanboy!? I can't play Crysis on my lame Mac and some programs don't work!?

WOE.

I think i'll continue without a firewall and anti-virus programs that hog a flawed piece of code.

you..do know that there's now quite a few viruses for macs...and that apple are telling you to get firewalls and anti-virus programs cause they know they can be hacked pretty easily?...
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Last edited by IDon'tLoveYou at Jan 19, 2009,
Once I get the specs I'll download it and give 'er a spin.

(bookmarks link)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by IDon'tLoveYou

you..do know that there's now quite a few viruses for macs...and that apple are telling you to get firewalls and anti-virus programs cause they know they can be hacked pretty easily?...

Im so sorry, im a n00b....

Firewall on router - im ok.

Constant back up of files onto 3 external drives.

Meh....bring it.
Quote by convictionless
do you think if i have microsoft officer 2007 it will work in this?

I dunno, dude. I think the Microsoft Police work on any environment.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

If it's like OS X, then I'd rather just use OS X... Because I already know it works well. Windows 7 is like the Diet Coke to Mac OS X's Classic Coke.

That said, I just want to say I use Vista and I don't hate it... but as soon as I get a job I'm hopping on the Mac bandwagon because I'm just not happy with Microsoft and the quality control of their products. Windows, Zune, Xbox... They all work, but they have massive problems that could be fixed but Microsoft has balanced the cost of fixing to problems permanently verses the cost of repairing the problems and I guess it's cheaper to just make crap and fix it when people complain.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
I am sorely tempted to try this out, however I don't have the space left on my hard drive (its 16gigabytes right?) I've only got 5.06gig on my System partition and 8.52gig on my other partition, damn 80gig hard drive! So if it involves having to uninstall my current operating system (XP) then I will remain a bit hesitant O-o
am i using it?

no. i have Vista though, and i *gasp* like it!

but assuming 7 is released before i get a new computer i will get it then. i'm not really into upgrading my OS unless there is a pressing need, or i am just getting a new computer and a newer version is the standard. and i really have no interesting in trying out the beta version.
Mac is like, I want to pay a whole LOT of money for the same thing that I could get for FREE.
Happy, happy Ubuntu user here
Quote by davedoom

WOE.

what's that? you paid $1000 for a computer that only cost about $500 to make? woe.

supposedly, everything that works on vista would work on Windows 7.
Quote by daytripper75
am i using it?

no. i have Vista though, and i *gasp* like it!

but assuming 7 is released before i get a new computer i will get it then. i'm not really into upgrading my OS unless there is a pressing need, or i am just getting a new computer and a newer version is the standard. and i really have no interesting in trying out the beta version.

microsoft is entering a free upgrade program for computers purchased after june or july or sometime during the summer.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by n2dabloo
Mac is like, I want to pay a whole LOT of money for the same thing that I could get for FREE.
Happy, happy Ubuntu user here

I used Ubuntu for a bit, but I need too many Windows Apps for school work.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
I used Ubuntu for a bit, but I need too many Windows Apps for school work.

Wine much?
I'd really like to try this but there's so many problems with my computer. I have a wicked virus and i'm sure I don't have enough memory for this. And I have no idea how to install it. i have 7.65 gigs left in my C: idk if that helps any. and would programs that run on Xp such as Halo still work? I'm a computer noob
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by 2 15/16
I'd really like to try this but there's so many problems with my computer. I have a wicked virus and i'm sure I don't have enough memory for this. And I have no idea how to install it. i have 7.65 gigs left in my C: idk if that helps any. and would programs that run on Xp such as Halo still work? I'm a computer noob
You don't have enough hard disc space for one thing. You need 16gb min.

Most old windows programs will probably run on it, chance of compatibility issues. Better to wait for a release candidate when you might get a patch or something.
yeah I just read the download page. Looks like I'm screwed until I get a new pc. Just another reason to hate my old pos Dell
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Well, my system can certainly handle it. I have 2 gigs of RAM on here

Ill consider getting it when the official release comes out.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Page 1 of 3