Been doing some research on getting a higher gain crunch for my new SG 1966 reissue that is in the mail. I have a Peavey VK112 and TS9 to help the frontend of my amp and wanted to drive it harder with some better pups. So far i'm looking at a bill lawrence XL500 in the bridge as my main pup. My real concern is the neck. I have the EMG 81/85 in my Jackson and NEVER use the neck pup. It sounds like i'm playing in molasses and its disgusting. Can anyone suggest a good neck pup that I will actually use? I like to play heavier stuff like everyone else in the world it seems. /end cliche
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Jackson Warrior JS30 upgraded EMG 81/85
Epiphone Silverburst 1966 Reissue G-400
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
i'd wait until the guitar comes- you may like the stock pickups! and if you don't, you'll be better able to pinpoint what you want the new pickups to fix...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?