I've been looking for a while now, trying to find that dream bass of mine. I'm in love with a particular shape, but I can't seem to find a bass ANYWHERE that has said body shape, only guitars!

What I'm lookin for is something similar to a Schecter S-1, a PRS Mira, or even a Gibson LP Double Cut-away. I know there's a Schecter bass (DV-4) that looks kinda like that, but I would prefer less carving and less pointy. If anyone knows of a bass out there that looks ANYTHING like the ones I mentioned (especially the S-1), lemme know.
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
Im not sure what shape has to do with buying a bass. Please enlighten me
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Tone Deaf
I've been looking for a while now, trying to find that dream bass of mine. I'm in love with a particular shape, but I can't seem to find a bass ANYWHERE that has said body shape, only guitars!

What I'm lookin for is something similar to a Schecter S-1, a PRS Mira, or even a Gibson LP Double Cut-away. I know there's a Schecter bass (DV-4) that looks kinda like that, but I would prefer less carving and less pointy. If anyone knows of a bass out there that looks ANYTHING like the ones I mentioned (especially the S-1), lemme know.

I don't know if you will find any basses that have the EXACT same shape as those guitars you mentioned. Some of Ibanez's basses look similar, just with a bit more of a point at the top. They make some good basses, even if the shape isn't exactly the same. http://www.ibanez.com/bass/

The one that probably comes closest to the shapes you mentioned is a Gibson SG Standard Bass. I've never played one before, so I can't make any recommendations on how good it is, but it does have that similar shape.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Bass/Gibson-USA/SG-Standard.aspx
Enlighten?... uhm... ok...

Shape has to do with buying a bass because when I save up enough money to finally buy the bass I want, I want it to be not only a good sounding, but good looking instrument. I want to it be something nice, something I WANT to look at every day. The bass's looks (to me) are about one fourth of the equation.

1/4 Looks
1/4 Playability
1/2 Sound

Hope that "enlightened" you..... o_O;
-Edgar Degas
... Damn ninja posting...

I've looked at the SGs, and they're just really not what I want. Thanks for tellin me about the Ibanez though, I'll check those out.

Custom shop's an option, but only if I do it myself.

Gibson Ripper? I'll check that out. Is it old?
-Edgar Degas
Like everyone else I'd suggest that the closest match would be the Gibson Ripper/Grabber style. I own a Grabber and love it and have for about 10 years. You could also look at ESP I know that they used to have a production (maybe?) that was close to the body style. I've seen a few of those floating around on ebay
Quote by Tone Deaf

I've looked at the SGs, and they're just really not what I want. Thanks for tellin me about the Ibanez though, I'll check those out.

The Gibson Ripper ceased to be produced in 1983, so there is no chance of getting a brand new one, unless Gibson starts to produce them again.

Epiphone makes a cheaper model, but it is an Epiphone, so it’s not what I would call a "dream bass" by any means.
Last edited by Xeron Brigs at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by Tone Deaf

I'm pretty sure Gibson Rippers and Grabbers aren't made anymore, but you can always find one on eBay/Craigslist. I've been wanting one for a while
Hey, let's be friends.

Check my band Fear Elise and like our page!

http://tinyurl.com/46xyyv5

My Gear:

Ampeg 410HE
Ampeg B2RE
Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive Pedal
EHX Enigma Envelope Filter
Epiphone Thunderbird
Music Man Stingray 4
I like the looks of that Gibson bass. It's pretty nice lookin.

Any ideas on the name of that ESP bass?

Can't seem to find an Epiphone version of that bass on Ebay. I'll keep lookin though.
-Edgar Degas
Last edited by Tone Deaf at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by Tone Deaf
I like the looks of that Gibson bass. It's pretty nice lookin.

Any ideas on the name of that ESP bass.

I looked through some of their models, and the closest one to a Schecter S-1 is probably the Viper. The top part of the body has a different shape, but overall it looks pretty close.

http://www.espguitars.com/basses_viper.html
Yes, i've seriously thought about a viper, but just not quite what I was lookin for. That Gibson will probably end up bein the closest thing, less I make one of my own.
-Edgar Degas
The ESP EC series is essentially the Eclipse but in bass form. Look at ESP basses, I think they'll have what you're looking for.
Ibanez did an entry level bass like this, It was quite cool:

called a "gax" or something,
But I saw a gretch electromatic bass while searching for it that looks obscenely sexy!
hamer make one that is basically a les paul DC bass

Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last edited by skater dan0 at Jan 18, 2009,