New Song i wrote, check it out, and can anyone tell what this song might have been influenced by, i'm a bit lost on it, the song just came to me. also crit4crit
Attachments:
Hate Breeds Disappointment.zip
Last edited by relicmusic1990 at Jan 18, 2009,
ok well it sounds like a trivium title

"contempt breeds contamination"

its quite cool musicwise

fairly in flames IMO
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
didn't listen to it but the title sounds like Trivium's song contempt breeds contamination.
also it has a really cool solo!
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Just an idea here....

Some of your drumming is blatently impossible. I can tell that before even playing the file.
Your drummer needs 3 arms at the beginning.

Not sure of the influence here, although in some parts it reminded me a bit of Bullet For My Valentine, especially the song Room 409 - I might just be hearing stuff in my head though. Seeing as this has alot more diminished/outside notes in.

Overall, pretty cool. 8/10.
A bit generic, nothing really wrong though.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
the drumming isn't impossible (thank u though) u ever listened to tool? thats impossible unless ur danny carey
and if ur not sure of the influence, than thats a good thing right, it means it sounds original.
He's striking 3 drums/cymbals at once.. it isn't impossible, but it isn't really realistic.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Just because he's not sure of the influence means that it's metal but he's not sure what exact band you are influenced by. Metal is a genre a little lax in creativity, and thus a lot of band's sounds meld into one. I could say Bring Me The Horizon is an influence due the gallop rhythm, the 0134 (open D powerchords, I'm lazy) that they used a lot in Count Your Blessings and the minor third runs up and down the neck. But other elements sound more like Bullet for My Valentine and whatnot.

Oh, and your tab literally means, hit the snare, the hi-hat, the low tom and the bass drum all at once. Remove the mid-low tom hit (45) to make it playable. The rhythm is the complex part in Carey's work. He doesn't have an extra arm. Just a genius brain.

Good work though! It's not bad at all. Little bit generic but solid enough to work.
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
He's striking 3 drums/cymbals at once.. it isn't impossible, but it isn't really realistic.

Yeah, I suppose if you got it right you could probably do two of them with one stick, but it's never something I've done on drums or thought to do. It just kind of strikes me as a bit impractical.

And about not knowing the influence;
True, you have a point - But, when I said generic. What I meant was, for the genre/overall sound. Nothing really ground breaking or that stands out to this song. But everything works well, so if you like it - Go with it.

EDIT - Danny Carey is a pretty good drummer, he's very rhythmic and unique, this song dosen't really appear to me as his/Tool's style. Also like the other guy said, he dosen't have an extra arm.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jan 18, 2009,
sorry the extra drum was an accident and i didn't see it til now i'll fix it later thanks though guys
can anyone detect a shadows fall influence? i just listened to it again and thought i heard some similarities. just wondering