Nobody seems to want to touch 535Q's for some reason. I opened mine up and it looks like a fairly complicated PCB in there. There has been a long arguement whether the 535Q is true-bypass or not. IT IS NOT. Its hard-wire bypass though so it works when there is no power to the petal, but the signal goes through the circuit, which makes it not true bypass. Anybody true-bypassed one of these?? Is it possible? Im afraid im going to have to bypass it with a true-bypass box, but it would be convienient if true-bypass was installed in it. But, is there ANYBODY that has true-bypassed a 535Q crybaby and that could tell me how to do it or even possibly do it for me if i mail it to you for a price of course? The regular 95Q wahs are easy to bypass, but nobody seems to want to touch the 535Q. I just want true-bypass put in it, nothing else.
Thanks-
I'm also very interested in this. About a month ago I opened up my 535 and checked out the pcb. I agree that it seems like a workable board, but I'm not sure why anyone has done a TB mod.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Maybe I'm misreading something here, but you said it's not true bypass. Then, you said it's a hard-wire bypass and it works when no power is applied to the pedal. By those two definitions, it is true bypass. True bypass utilizes a switch to place the pedal in and out of the circuit and will introduce switching noise, unlike buffered bypass, which doesn't. One of us doesn't understand true bypass.
Thats the first half of the definition of true-bypass. The other half of the definition is it dosen't go through the effect cicuitry at all. Yes, this pedal has a mechanical switch and yes it works when off. However, it is not true bypass because it still goes through some of the circuitry and i know this because i tested it. I took the battery out and no power adapter attached and i could tell there was tone drain when it was off. A true-bypass has a direct conection through an actual wire between the input and output. A pedal only needs power when turned off if it is buffered like boss pedals. However, this pedal is nether buffered or true-bypass. Its hard-wired bypass.
wow, sorry i cant help you but this is something i would love to do to my 535q if you work it out, its a good wah but when its turned off my tone is muddier than before i got it thats for sure.
Just because it worke with no power doesn't mean it's true-bypass.

Go to the wah modding thread. THere's a link to a site that shows how to TB a crybaby. Not a 535Q, but the principle is the same.
Quote by Diamond Dave
wow, sorry i cant help you but this is something i would love to do to my 535q if you work it out, its a good wah but when its turned off my tone is muddier than before i got it thats for sure.

Maybe muddier. But, it does cut down the gain in the signal for sure. But, i could live with it if i had to. I will check out the wah modding thread. True-bypassing a 535Q is gonna be a lot more complicated than the 95Q thats for sure. I might just end up getting a small true bypass loop box to bypass just the wah pedal.

Thanks-
Quote by asdaven
I might just end up getting a small true bypass loop box to bypass just the wah pedal.

Thanks-

That would probably be the easiest thing to do.
Easy to build as well if you want to go that route.
Epiphone Valve Junior
Peavy Windsor Head
Ampeg J-12T
1959 Harmony H400A
Randall Pro-Tube 2000

Gibson Faded Special SG
Homemade superstrat with EMG 81
Peavy Tracer
Washburn XB600 6-string bass
Enough pedals to crush a rhino
I'm very interested in this. My 535q has currently been made redundant from my pedal board because i hate the tone suck when its in the chain.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?