could i just paint my guitar with regular gloss spray paint?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

no
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
yeah man just do it properly. it'll seem to take a while, but it will save you time and frustration down the road
Contrary to popular belief, it won't muddy your sound. Personally, I wouldn't do it, because you'll never approach the quality of a factory paint job. However, if that's your goal - have at it and enjoy.

Muddy your sound? [scratching head...]
Quote by KG6_Steven
Contrary to popular belief, it won't muddy your sound. Personally, I wouldn't do it, because you'll never approach the quality of a factory paint job. However, if that's your goal - have at it and enjoy.

Muddy your sound? [scratching head...]

Well obviously when everyone spray paints they have muscle spasms in their arms, causing the trajectory of the spray paint to go off course, into the pickups, thus causing your sound, to sound, in fact, muddy.
Quote by Silver-spear94
could i just paint my guitar with regular gloss spray paint?

Absolutely! But first, you need to understand the process - check out: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542726

When you think you've read enough and understood the tutorials available online, re-read them again.

Quote by TatarSalad2
Well obviously when everyone spray paints they have muscle spasms in their arms, causing the trajectory of the spray paint to go off course, into the pickups, thus causing your sound, to sound, in fact, muddy.

Please tell me that was a joke...

But yeah i'm using Krylon matte spray paint atm and it works fine (the kind made specially to bond to plastic btw, because i'm spraying over my sanded, old finish). You just gotta be sure to hold it far enough away so it doesn't run and such. Oh and you need to strip your current finish and primer or sand your current finish enough so the paint will set properly.
Quote by TatarSalad2

well if your painting your guitar like that then you deserve muddy sound, you should tape everything up or take the pickups right out if your painting it.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Who cares? It's your guitar, if you think paint is gonna make much of a sound difference I have one things to say:

The drugs must be REALLY good in your area.