Hi everyone,

I have been borrowing my friends Vintage V99 Les Paul for a while now I asked if he wanted to sell me it but he will not DOH!

So I have spoken to a few people and they have recommended me one of these:

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Yamaha-Pacifica-112-V-Electric-GuitarRd/843

Just wanted to know what you all thought? My Main influences are, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chemical Romance, Boston, Queens Of The Stoneage E.T.C

Cheers
it'd be good for a starter guitar, you can always customise it or buy a new one once you get good
Rockin' shit
I have one. it's my main one(can't afford a new one and I'm to lazy to find a cheaper 2nd hand one)... for beginners they are superb. You can easily play 1 or 2 years on it without really having to be concerned about upgrading to a better model or customizing.
It's really rock/bluesy so it will probably fit your music style.
dude i say yes becuase i use it , i like it and therefore i recommend it to ye.......and we both have almost the same influences!
Those are good picks for the music you're playing.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Its about as far from a LP as you can get but I've played an old RGX211 for more than twenty years and I have to say Yamaha make good, if unimaginative, guitars. They are well good enough to learn on and also to start gigging with. Changing the pups later is the best upgrade as the basic Yammy's are nothing special.
Yamaha makes some good guitars for the price. I have a Yamaha acoustic guitar and I love it. And I have a friend who has a Yamaha Bass, and she really likes it. Nice choice.
ive got a lot of guitars, but just picked up a 112m for fun.

swapped out the bridge, it's a nice guitar for the money.

just make sure you're spending enough on the amp.

i like the microcube, but there 's also a vox moddler works nice.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
ive got a lot of guitars, but just picked up a 112m for fun.

swapped out the bridge, it's a nice guitar for the money.

just make sure you're spending enough on the amp.

i like the microcube, but there 's also a vox moddler works nice.

Cheers I have already purchased the Micro Cube
Quote by Twist2009
Excellent thank you guys! I already have a Roland Microcube aswell.

yeah, the pacifica 112v is one of the best, if not the best, beginner guitars on the market. ditto the microcube regarding beginner amps.

Excellent choices.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Its a cracking guitar for a beginer. Stays in tune for ages despite an idot like me hammering away at it. Very easy to comfortable to work with. I am so impreesed I have also bought one there accoustics to replace the dire one I already have. The accoustic is a 720ms and for £174 you have spend lots more to better it.
I really wanted a les paul at first but figured that once I can get few decent riffs out of the yamaha I will go for a really nice les paul, probably the signature bonamassa if there are any left for sale.

Quote by Twist2009
Hi everyone,

I have been borrowing my friends Vintage V99 Les Paul for a while now I asked if he wanted to sell me it but he will not DOH!

So I have spoken to a few people and they have recommended me one of these:

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Yamaha-Pacifica-112-V-Electric-GuitarRd/843

Just wanted to know what you all thought? My Main influences are, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chemical Romance, Boston, Queens Of The Stoneage E.T.C

Cheers