http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Bass-Metaphors-Compressor-Pedal?sku=528003

Im in the market for a decent compression pedal, and i dug this one up just now. It looks pretty neat, kind of a compression unit and a eq modifier in one. I know its probably not as effective as say, a pure compressor/limiter, and definitly not a rack mount, but what are your opinions on it? My knowledge of the mechanical/electronic aspect of basses/amps/effects is pretty limited at the moment.
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
edit: never mind, I was thinking of the wrong pedal.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I have also been looking into this pedal, but haven't found one to try out yet.

None of the music stores ive been to even stock bass compression units. Even at Sam Ash and guitar center they have like maybe a EQ pedal in the storage room. One of the salesmen at Guitar Center kept trying to sell me some sort of guitar compression unit, because he didnt believe they made bass specific compressors UG and internet review sites are like the only way i can get any kind of perspective on anything, outside of me making a day trip to a shop in San Diego or L.A. Woe is me
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.