I just went to there store in Santa Ana.

And wow oh wow i must say im always impressed at what they have and how well priced it is.

I mentioned on another thread about there guitars and amps they got there and how great it is.

Honestly if you live in the southern california Area whether your a guitar enthusiast, or just looking to buy a new amp or guitar and you got a good number of FEDS then definitely definitely check out carvin, you owe it to yourself.

I see features on there guitars and amps that you honestly wont find in anything else thats priced similar to it, features youll only find in guitars or amps 2 or 3 times more expesive not only that but there just top notch quality.

Not only that but these guitars for a lower/cheaper price puts a MIA fender or any gibson 1500 or lower to shame, honestly im not kidding, i honestly dont know how they do it, if you ever walk in to one of there stores it feels like magic.

No ****ing kidding and right now im just talking about there "lo-end products".

I kind of feel home sick that im not there playing.

I just want to go everyday now.

Anyone else been to any Carvin direct store's or outlets that agree.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Jan 18, 2009,
I haven't been to the store, but I own an old Quad-X preamp which is amazing, as well as an SX100 which is a great buy for the price.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by THEKID546
alright sorry for being a grammer douche bag.

+100

yeah carvins rule
Yeah, I live in Northern California but went down there to check it out and visit some family and I loved the store. They seem like some really cool people, and loved some of the guitars. They're really not a big name but I think they have some pretty good quality tube amps at good prices.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Its weird really when you play there guitars.

Your playing a carvin lo ender and it feels like a it should cost 1200 at a 750$ price.

There "intermediate" priced guitars can only find an equal when put next to a PRS if you ask me.

And the rest is just custom shop stuff made specifically for any player at a more than resonable price. You really get more than your moneys worth when you compare to other companies such as fender, gibson, even PRS.

this is the one im looking into wich just killed any fender MIM, and is just as good or better than MIA's.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/single.php?Serial=88111
Quote by _Sanitarium_
You mean you stopped reading there ?

It was a sarcastic juxtaposition. You know, a joke?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Carvin does not have any low end models. Sure, some cost more than others but, every Carvin is of the same quality regardless of price. Some cost more due to the addition of figured tops or other options but, I say again, all Carvins are the same quality.

That's why I love my Carvins. I hate brands that mainly consist of junk low end and insanely overpriced high end guitars.
Yah i know what you mean.

There high quality guitars no matter what price they are.

I didnt mean to make them seem like there more crappy guitars, but just price wise there on the bottom of the barrell in there line of guitars.

Quality wise there the best for the money, youll see Fender MIM's running for there money and MIA's blushing in embarrassment next to the Carvin 'lo-ends".
I just ordered myself one of THESE from their custom shop. It'll end up looking similar to the natural wood coloured one. In the picture, except with 4 tone/volume knobs, rosewood neck and a different inlay, and a few other various options. Ended up costing about $2200.

Should have it in my hands by the end of the month, or within the first week of Feb. The wait has not been fun.
Wow, congratulations.

Really beautiful guitar.

Tell us how it goes when it finally does arrive.

Altough i suspect it will be a A++++ guitar, hands down.
I own one of their basses (XB76) and I live in the UK; I'm ****ing lucky to have such a great bass!

Wish I lived in US sometimes, get to check out some bitching guitar companies.
I live near the NSW distributors of Carvin, so I get to play them whenever I go there.

Their guitars are great. Not too sure about the Legacy amp I played, but then again it's not really for my style.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Stopped by their shop on Sunset blvd, played a sub-$1000 bolt(strat style). Really impressed by fit and finish.
For me living right here in the SoCal area.
Words like "great", or "nice" to describe there guitars is an understatement to say the least.

Theres no way to describe how awesome they are until you actually play one, see how good it feels and wonderful they look, and then you see the price tag and its like your in heaven knowing 4 or 5 months from now your looking at your new guitar.
As an owner of a DC400, I agree 100%. All I want is now to try some of their amps.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Doodleface
I haven't been to the store, but I own an old Quad-X preamp which is amazing, as well as an SX100 which is a great buy for the price.

Sorry to go off-topic a bit, but what do you think of the TC G-Major?
I was thinking of buying one to go along with my Legacy.
I've been to the San Diego store. All of their products are amazing.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Carvin is awsome, i just bought a Carvin MTS 3212 and i love it!
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
There not really unsung heroes of the guitar and amp world.

But they desereve alot more recognition for what they do, make phenomenal gear without making the customer pay up the ass for quality.

honestly after you play a carvin if you have a fender or a gibby it feels as if theyve robbed you, especially if money is hard to come by for you.
Well my guitar got here, and my god is it good. I've never played a guitar that sounded this good, played this good, or looked this good.

Last edited by icronic at Jan 31, 2009,
Wow... It's a pretty crappy pic, no offense, but I can tell it looks nice.
What kinda amp u got thar?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I have a Carvin SC90 and it is quite delicious, but the bridge pickup sounds as though it would be more at home in country music.
The only reason Carvin's prices are what they are is because they eliminated the middle man, which in turn eliminated additional costs to their products.

It's a double edged sword though because they do not get the wide national distributors and exposure that comes with that.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by BD 425
Wow... It's a pretty crappy pic, no offense, but I can tell it looks nice.
What kinda amp u got thar?

Better quality pictures now

That's a 20 watt Hughes and Kettner Statesman. Fantastic amp.