I was looking into guitars with double cutaways, and I looked at these three guitars: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=518893&base_pid=514304&base_pid=513810

Anyone have any suggestions or problems with these guitars? Which one should I look into?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
go with the mira man! PRS are seriously some of the nicest guitars out there. like i've had one at my store and it was literally one of the best i've ever played (:
what difference does it make if it's cutaway?... you're a more of a badass then?..

well anyway go for a gibson double cutaway LP if you have to.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
PRS

and what about an SG?
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
How do the pickups on the Mira compare to, say, a burstbucker pro or a '57?

Quote by wheatmore
PRS

and what about an SG?

I already have one and unhappy how the sharp horn sticks into my leg while I'm playing. I've tried the Gibson Double cutaway and it sits on my lap nicely, so I figured it's what I really wanted.

I was gonna go with a strat, but the pickups weren't cutting it, and one of these guitars felt better than a strat.
Gear List:
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Last edited by wolfy808 at Jan 18, 2009,
I keep hearing people saying good things about PRS guitars. I don't know anything about Dan Armstrong, and from what people have been saying Gibson has been really hit or miss lately.
Well, if it helps, I play anything in the field of the general "Rock and blues". Anything from Stevie Ray Vaughan to the Foo Fighters to Led Zeppelin. I'll never play anything heavier than Metallica and Megadeth. Which would you use for these genres?
Gear List:
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
The plexi will be way too heavy so I'd probably rule that out.

The Gibson is overpriced however the Mira's pick-ups are VERY one-dimensional.

Solution? Buy a Mira and replace the pick-ups.
One-dimensional? Care to explain?
Gear List:
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWecs7rwuV4

They sound muddy to me, plus even PRS totes it as a guitar for Classic-Rock (sounds like a claim of it being one-dimensional to me). Notice this selective classification by PRS, meanwhile with the 513 they note it as a very versatile sounding guitar. Sure things aren't set in stone but still I don't think they'd make such a claim without being sure of their product. This plus the video (along with actually playing a few at GC on various amps like an AC30, a 5150III, and a used Bogner Ecstasy) leads me to believe its very one dimensional.
The Gibson Double Cut, I've played the Gibson and am convinced that that's the first Gibson I plan on buying someday when I can actually afford a Gibson.

PRS are amazing as well, one of those two.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
May i suggest Carvin..?

Otherwise, my first choice would be the double-cut les paul. After that would be the mira. The Plexi is kinda like yeah it's a great guitar and all but it's more like 'hey look i'm different and unique' kinda thing, i don't think it'd be a great choice for a guitar you'll use a lot.