So my dad used to work for yamaha music and he was able to pull some strings and we got to go to the NAMM show.

Pit, it was amazing. it was like walking into a guitar center that has everything in it times 1000 but its the size of disneyland. it was overwhelming. it was hard to look at any gear because i was so overwhelmed with all the people and all i could do was wander aimlessly for hours.

all the huge manufactureres were there showng of their stuff, as well as smaller independant manufacturers. ther ewas some reallt awesome stuff. also there were a ton of hot chicks which not only suprised me but overwhelmed me even more becuse i was trying to check out gear and chicks at the same time. thats a tough choice in my opinion.

there were also a ton of professional musicians there who i saw, but i didnt want to take the time to wait in line for autographs. there are too man to remember but i will try list them in another post.

i did not know what to expect, but it was so cool. i just thought i would share this experience with the pit, because i know anyone who is a music enthusiast would love it. it was a magical day yesterday.

post any questions about it and ill try to answer them, because there is no way i could recount my whole day without someone jogging my memory
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
You come here boasting, yet you give NO NAMES and NO INFO ON NEW GEAR or any of the typical "I got into xxxxxx" threads?

Fail.
pics or it didnt happen
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
...Pics?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quit boasting
Quote by Kensai

Oh, Phuckface, your pitch is so perfect!

I have PERFECT PITCH, bitch!
Quote by Kyle.E
You come here boasting, yet you give NO NAMES and NO INFO ON NEW GEAR or any of the typical "I got into xxxxxx" threads?

Fail.

This.
Quote by roknoob1590
also there were a ton of hot chicks which not only suprised me but overwhelmed me even more becuse i was trying to check out gear and chicks at the same time. thats a tough choice in my opinion.

No. That's easy. Chicks. How's that for a 1-word answer?
Why's everybody flaming him? He sounds like he's just really excited and wanted to share his excitement with us all. I don't think he was boasting at all. Sure, he could be BSing us, but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. All this initial animosity just sounds like a projection of everyone's jealousy.

Oh and TS, that's really awesome
A friend of mine went to a music exhibition once with his work, and he got to speak and play with Paul Gilbert, and was feet away from Slash, but his boss dragged him away before he could talk to him too.

Oh and by the way, well done. You lucky, lucky man.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
ok fine ill tell you what i saw.

i saw the new EVH gutars, and a sh*tload of boutique gear, and all kinds of new amps and pedals, and walls of guitars and there was so much stuff that it was hard to be specific. thats why i said ask questions

and professional musicians sighning autographs and playing and answering Q and A sessions.

heres who i saw that i can remember:
Yngwie malmsteen (even from far away he is a fatty)
eric johnson
kerry king
jerry cantrell
mike inez
mick mars
duff mckagan
dave navarro
sean kinney
brendan small
all the guys from the band down
mick thoompson
john 5
kerri kelley
alexi laiho

thats all i can remember for now but i know theres more

my brother saw scott ian and flea and my dad saw alicia keys

Quote by Explorerpro

Quote by El Hilliaro

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
and im sorry but i dont have any pics

edit:
no i did not play the 6505+ combo

in fact, i didnt play anything because i was so overwhelmed with all that was going on! plus i didnt want any d-bags coming over and showing me up. thats always disheartening

and thank you to all of you who are not flaming me, all i wanted to do was share my experience.

Quote by Explorerpro

Quote by El Hilliaro

Last edited by roknoob1590 at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by roknoob1590

i saw the new EVH gutars, and a sh*tload of boutique gear, and all kinds of new amps and pedals, and walls of guitars and there was so much stuff that it was hard to be specific. thats why i said ask questions

and professional musicians sighning autographs and playing and answering Q and A sessions.

eric johnson
kerry king
jerry cantrell
mike inez
mick mars
duff mckagan
dave navarro
sean kinney
brendan small
mick thoompson

john 5
kerri kelley
alexi laiho

Lucky dick.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
ok win

u win

you will always be superior to me
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
^^yea i was kinda bummed about it but its ok becuae i was just happy to go.

^^^and i didnt wait around to actually see alexi because im not a fan but i asked someone who was working there who the line was for and he told me.

he was at the ESP booth.

i almost bumbed into mick thompson. he was walking to a booth but i forget which one. he was wering his mask and hes HUGE. i thought it was an impersonator untill i saw him shaking hands with suits and that he had an all access pass.

oh yea! and i also saw all the guys from GWAR in full costume! that was hilarious and awesome at the same time!

edit: to the guy above me, im not superior to anyone

Quote by Explorerpro

Quote by El Hilliaro

Last edited by roknoob1590 at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by roknoob1590

eric johnson
kerry king
jerry cantrell
mike inez
mick mars
duff mckagan
dave navarro
sean kinney
brendan small
mick thoompson
john 5
kerri kelley
alexi laiho

wut
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
yea my dad saw alicia keys. she was at the yamaha room. se played piano and sang like 5 songs. i was so jealous i didnt get to see her.

and i saw duff at the dunlop booth. he was with mike inez. there were so many people that i couldnt get a good look at him, so i didnt know who it was untill i saw a sign that said duff mc kagan and mike inez signing autographs at 4:00. then i went back and i recognized them.

also i knew that half of ug would be uber jealous if i was there, sadly i wasnt, but on friday, dave mustaine was apparantley at the marshall booth

Quote by Explorerpro

Quote by El Hilliaro

I wish I had a connection to go.... I know mark tremonti was doing appearances friday, yesterday, and today (fri and today for PRS and yesterday for morley) and myles kennedy friday and today (with mark for PRS).
I believe you, since it's not very hard to pull some strings and get in, but I demand pics and extremely explicit descriptions of every instrument that caught your eye.
did you see gus g? i wanted to go to see him and check out his new ESP signature models. i wasn't gonna drive six hours though.
Quote by roknoob1590

eric johnson
kerry king
jerry cantrell
mike inez
mick mars
duff mckagan
dave navarro
sean kinney
brendan small
mick thoompson
john 5
kerri kelley
alexi laiho

YOU FUCKING LUCKY BASTARD!!

I wanna go to NAMM.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by roknoob1590
yea my dad saw alicia keys. she was at the yamaha room. se played piano and sang like 5 songs. i was so jealous i didnt get to see her.

and i saw duff at the dunlop booth. he was with mike inez. there were so many people that i couldnt get a good look at him, so i didnt know who it was untill i saw a sign that said duff mc kagan and mike inez signing autographs at 4:00. then i went back and i recognized them.

also i knew that half of ug would be uber jealous if i was there, sadly i wasnt, but on friday, dave mustaine was apparantley at the marshall booth

What the?

LIAR!
Pics or GTFO.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.