http://www.imperialmastering.com/guitartonevid/

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I couldn't find the proper recording forum to post this in. Any mods feel free to move or delete this.

I actually found this vid on the Randall MTS forum, and thought that the various metalheads here who are planning on recording might appreciate the advice given in this vid. Yes, he sounds/looks like a nerd (i.e.: FOOD!!!!), and becomes redundant towards the end, and even recommends some less-than musical amps (Mesa Recto), but otherwise, the advice is good and I will be keeping it in mind for my next recordings.

Any other tips the pros around here would like to share for getting teh br00talz (besides not scooping your mids, insideac )?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Sorry what?

While the Rectos are the most popular series from Mesa, you have to admit, they don't sound nearly as good as other amps from the same company, unless you REALLY know how to dial them in. Example: I love Nevermore and loved Jeff's early tone on In Memory and Politics, but on albums like DHIADW and EOR, I think his tone is fairly meh and generic (he uses a Recto on those albums). But then again, I've heard much better recto tones (one on youtube stands out, but I'm too lazy to find it).

Less musical is really not the best term, but you get the idea. Someone starting out would have lots of issues finding a great tone with one (especially if they use the oversized Recto Cab).

But that's not what this thread is about, now is it?

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
While the Rectos are the most popular series from Mesa, you have to admit, they don't sound nearly as good as other amps from the same company, unless you REALLY know how to dial them in.

Oh I agree with what you're saying. I just thought you were saying that Mesa's always sound bad
very informative.

I must say, reamping is a godsend.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Oh I agree with what you're saying. I just thought you were saying that Mesa's always sound bad

Not specifically no, just that the Recto series frequently doesn't

Stupid name.