I found a great Peavey Valveking 212 for half the price, should I take it?

edit:srry, it's a 112
Last edited by metalishreddr13 at Jan 18, 2009,
Yes.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by metalishreddr13
I heard these things break down though.

If it is for half the price it seems like a good deal.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by metalishreddr13
I heard these things break down though.

You're thinking of B-52 or Bugera. Peavey amps are solid.
well honestly if you want something a little bit better with pretty much the same gain get a used peavey C30.

In my opinion there both just as gainny but the C30 is better quality and less grainy sounding.
I got a JSX combo at GC for $300. Why not get one of those off of them instead of a Valveking? It blows the Valveking away. GC is blowing out all JSX's and XXX's. Definately get one of those first.

EDIT: sorry, it looks like they are all sold now. only a few left in some stores.
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I got a JSX combo at GC for $300. Why not get one of those off of them instead of a Valveking? It blows the Valveking away. GC is blowing out all JSX's and XXX's. Definately get one of those first.

I looked it up in the website and there are no cheap jsx's or xxx's
Quote by metalishreddr13
I looked it up in the website and there are no cheap jsx's or xxx's

You have to go into a store. Not online. Sorry.
Quote by THEKID546
well honestly if you want something a little bit better with pretty much the same gain get a used peavey C30.

In my opinion there both just as gainny but the C30 is better quality and less grainy sounding.

The valveking I found is half the price of the peavey c30
I have one and love it, its got a great tone, nice warm cleans and good gritty tones when you crank up the gain.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Quote by TheEsupremacy

EDIT: sorry, it looks like they are all sold now. only a few left in some stores.

^wasn't that a mis-labled tag though?

I'd take a VK and swap the speaker. You'll be fine. If your budget is only $200. If your budget is $360 for example you could get a B52. Classic 30s are nice too if you can find one used. Same with the JSX/XXX.

Budget?
Genres?
New or used?
Gig?
City?
?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^wasn't that a mis-labled tag though?

I'd take a VK and swap the speaker. You'll be fine. If your budget is only $200. If your budget is $360 for example you could get a B52. Classic 30s are nice too if you can find one used. Same with the JSX/XXX.

Budget?
Genres?
New or used?
Gig?
City?
?

The one I found is used at $350, I play alot of metal so I dont know if it would be the the right amp.
$350 isn't half priced, its only like 70 dollars off what it goes for new for the 112.

Buy a b-52 at-112
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs
$350 isn't half priced, its only like 70 dollars off what it goes for new for the 112.

Buy a b-52 at-112

damn!
Sorry, I said $200 thinking it was a 112. Imo the 112 is a better deal because you only have 1 speaker to swap. Ask the guys in the VK thread or listen to Necrophagists777's clips. You might be able to find a used XXX combo or Ultra. Let craigslist be your friend.
listen to 311 he knows what he's talking about
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}