Hey Guys! I am thinkin of running out and purchasing this pickup

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fishman-NeoD02-Humbucker-Soundhole-Pickup?sku=300190

I want to be able to plug my acoustic into my Vox AC15 and Fender Champ (when I find one). I have a best buy gift card and my local best buy has these in stock. Will this work, or do I need a pre-amp? Will I regret not holding out for the rare earth active pickup and buying this passive one instead?
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
as i know, you need a preamp for piezo pickups, like the ones for classical guitars. i didnt read the description of the product, but i have no knowledge of the requirement of a preamp whether it's an active or a passive pickup
EDIT
i just found something interesting for you
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18211721#post18211721
check out the first page's answers, i thin Metal_manic explains it
Last edited by szekelymihai at Jan 18, 2009,
I know that fishman make good stuff, but I really don't think magnetic soundhole pickups are gonna give you a good sound, those magnetic pickups always sound too much like a electric guitar pickup. But who knows, maybe fishman got around this problem somehow.

Also, I don't recommend plugging an acoustic into an electric guitar amp. Its never going to sound very acoustic, and when you pair that with a magnetic pickup, it is definitely not going to sound much like an acoustic guitar.
I ended up buying the rare earth humbucker. It is SWEET!!! I bought it a while back. It sounds great in my Vox (I don't care to have a 100% acoustic sound). I did some recording in the studio yesterday and the engineer had nothing but great things to say for the sound it made!
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal