I'm probably going to get flamed for this but whatever. This guy said he hated me becaues I liked hardcore and I then heres where it went from there via pms:

basically I called him conceited and arrogant because he was constantly trashing on the music. so here it is:

CobraStrike: I am not concieted. I have the widest rango of music that I listen to. I love classical and piano instumentals. LIke beethoven and others. I listen to the beach boys and the beatles. I like classic rock like led zeppelin and the who. I like nirvana and the foo fighters. I like megadeth and metallica. I like guitar instumentalists like steve vai and buckethead. I even like some christian bands like creed and stuff. I love chicago, whom are jazzy. I like phycadelic stuff like the doors. I like disco stuff ie bee gees. I love southers rock. I like 80's metal. It can go on forever, but it stops when it comes to emo/'harcore' and death metal. WHy? because; what they are playing - lyrics, is terrible. It is fast power chords. Nothing special. If you played it on your guitar, no 2 songs would sound different. Now, i think the lyrics are meaningless. For one, screaming them is annoying. Just sing it. Maybe if the acually sung I'de appreciate it a tiny bit. And their 'meaning', about how much life sucks is stupid. You are depressed if you think you are. Whatever happened in your life that made you so sad and emo or whatever else can be forgotten about. Get over it. Complaining isnt helping.

me: Alright, well first off lets get it established that I like other music too. I dont "only like hardcore." Bon Iver is one of my favorite artists and hes acoustic. Animal Collective, City and Colour, MGMT, Circa Survive, Reverend Horton Heat, Tom Waits, Crystal Castles, The Dear Hunter, Mogwai, This Will Destroy You, are all bands that I'm into that are not hardcore. You are conceited. This here proves it...

And their 'meaning', about how much life sucks is stupid. You are depressed if you think you are. Whatever happened in your life that made you so sad and emo or whatever else can be forgotten about. Get over it. Complaining isnt helping.

First lets start with the first line. There are different meanings to hardcore. It all depends on the band. Of course there are retarded bands that are like "lets go beat down people" or **** like that. ****ing dumb. Their meaning is not how much life sucks. Bands sing about everything. Their friends, their loves, mythology, stories, everything. Hardcore however, can have some depressed lyrics.

You are depressed if you think you are. Whatever happened in your life that made you so sad and emo or whatever else can be forgotten about. Get over it. Complaining isnt helping.

This is incredibly arrogant. You clearly have never been depressed, or had anything traumatic in your life to be able to say this. Its completely pretentious and ignorant. There are studies to prove chemical imbalances that create depression, such as the failure of the body to produce ceratonin, a chemical released during euphoria and happiness. Depression is a real thing. Of course you can keep your mind off of it, but sometimes that just doesnt work. Depression is a real and painful thing to deal with and you know, and you CANNOT say "get over it." What gives you the right to say anyones problems arent what they really are? People cannot control depression, so shut the **** up because you obviously have NO IDEA what youre talking about. I'm glad youre so well-learned about depression to have the right to say someone has no right to feel poorly of their own life.

Now onto the rest of that statement above. Writing for me is a huge emotional release, screaming the lyrics is a physical release as well, plus it fits along with the instrumentals themselves. Therefore, the music itself is an emotional release for the bands, then listeners can themselves relate to it, because it lets them know that if **** sucks for them, they know that other people are going through the same **** and the hardcore scene allows for a place for everyone to dig through their problems together, and sometimes that can give people a reason to live. To know their not alone and that we're all in life together. Sometimes hardcore lyrics are a motivation, just saying "no matter how much **** can suck in life, just pick it up and keep going." Example:

"I need you to be the strength of widows and soul survivors
I need you to be as fearless as new mothers and new fathers
I need you to be the hope of hearts who lost true love
I need you to be the might of their first kiss
I need a purpose and i need a reason
I need to know that there is trophy and meaning
to all that we lose and all we fight for
to all our loves and our wars"

This is from Last Light by Converge. For you to say, that this is just "retarded noise" or "someone bitching about their life" is arrogant, foolish, and just stubborn. Also, to claim hardcore musicians simply use "powerchords" and loud noise is absurd. Ben Weinman from The Dillinger Escape Plan is one of the most technical guitarists out there, as is Kurt Ballou from Converge. They use keys, they use tunings, they use notes, they use real chords, they write with technicality. They think through their music. Just because its heavier does not mean its just noise. Hardcore drummers are some of the best out there. They use a mix of jazz, hardcore, punk, metal, and rock drums and create their own styles and sounds.

You have no idea what you are talking about with hardcore. You have no idea what you are talking about at all. This song may not musically appeal to you. You may not like the vocals, you may not like the guitar parts, you may not like the drums, you may not like the bass, but respect it as music. If you cannot do so after all the examples I have shown you, you are truly unworthy of calling yourself a musician and you are truly a very sheltered and ignorant person. Stop being such a pretentious prick. Its not going to get you anywhere in life.

CobraStrike: I have been depressed in life. I know what i am talking about. And I got over it. There is always someone that has it worse than you. They arent complaining. You can just get over it. And Thats what I did. I will get far in life because I am a happy person. I don't look at the bad side to life. I know what I am doing. Maybe you will always be a miserable person. But listening to emo/screamo/hardcore music wont help you at all, cause if it did, you wouldnt be so depressed in life. Name calling doesnt do anything for you.

People give me headaches
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by Teh Forest King
People give me headaches

Long pointless walls of text give me headaches.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Welcome to UG.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Stop whining to us. We don't really give a damn. If you've got a problem with him, take it up with the mods - don't cause more problems here.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤