I have a question, what scales like, melody based scales are good for metal, if u guys can give me a list of the best melody scales and where i can view tabs of them that would superb
and one more question, whats the main ruling in a solo, how far outside the solo's scale can u go?
*facepalm*

fail for not RTFS
double fail for not using the searchbar
triple fail for not realizing you can use pretty much any scale with any genre of music. there are a couple exceptions here and there but not many.
Quote by relicmusic1990
and one more question, whats the main ruling in a solo, how far outside the solo's scale can u go?

as far as you wish, as long as it makes sense. if it adds tension, then go for it (especially in metalcore). if it just sounds like a shiitty note in the wrong place, dont use that note in that location.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
if it just sounds like a shiitty note in the wrong place, dont use that note in that location.

isn't 90% of metalcore like that?
Use the billy-bob-overhead-b2#21-frankenstein scale.

loool

There's no such thing as scale = music.

Use the searchbar, and learn about harmony and read the stickies.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Style is what determines how anything sounds. The major/minor scale is limitless.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.