made a mistake of getting a prs se custom(tremolo version)... its a good guitar but it just doesn't stay in tune. Untill i can get a new guitar, what can i do to make the guitar capable of keeping strings in tune?
make sure you stretch the strings if theyre new.

1: Maybe replace the tuners with grovers.

2: put some graphite on the nut of the guitar where the strings lay, to avoid losing tuning stability there.

3: arent PRS's famous for their reliability?
Quote by jack15_11
make sure you stretch the strings if theyre new.

1: Maybe replace the tuners with grovers.

2: put some graphite on the nut of the guitar where the strings lay, to avoid losing tuning stability there.

3: arent PRS's famous for their reliability?

yeah but its a se model and PRS puts non-locking tuners on se models to save money
Quote by lemon_lime123
yeah but its a se model and PRS puts non-locking tuners on se models to save money

It could be that the guitar (lazily) was not meant to be used with a tremelo, I have had this problem before and all i could do was not use the tremelo because it lifted the bridge by about 2mm after half an hour of playing which puts the guitar way too far out of tune to handle. I have given up on tremelos because the effects i try to use with them are really meant for floyd rose, which i couldnt be bothered using because taking the strings apart, then locking the bridge and the nut then locking then fine tuning, is too complex for me.

Sorry about the wall of text but that was really just me figuring that out too
As above graphite on the nut will help or if none about a lead pencil will do the job nicely.
Make sure the intonation is correct, if not, when setting intonation do it at the height setting you like that can make a difference. Locking tuners will go a long way to stability.
94 Epi LP. Thin 335 style neck Schaller locking tuners Dimarzio PAF PRO (bridge) Gibson 57 re-issue (neck)