So I am looking into selling my Gibson Les Paul Studio (with two Dimarzio pickups) to afford a new Ibanez, but I haven't really sold anything on eBay before. What steps should I take if I wanted to sell it? And, more importantly, how much could I get for it? This is it:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Vintage-Mahogany-Electric-Guitar?sku=517536
Quote by stringmagician
You have ticked me off and if I was a mod, you'd be banned right now, but lucky for your ass I'm not a mod.

You're the kind of people that make forums completely useless.
Try posting it on Craigslist with the amount of cash you want for it. If you can't get it on Craigslist, try Ebay. I find Craigslist to be a lot easier than Ebay, but that's just my opinion.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Take high quality pictures. Take crystal clear pictures. Take pics of any and all scratches, dings, buckle marks etc (closeups). List any and all known defects, problems, issues, etc.

Be as honest as you possibly can and the sale will go real smooth.
Don't make it out to be a toy. I always see pictures that make it look so fake and cheap, and I would NEVER buy anything with pictures like that. Maybe provide a video or a recording of you playing it. And maybe a picture of it in action or with your other guitars.

▲ ▲

I bought the guitar about a year ago, and it only has one minor ding. It looks, for the most part, brand new. Since it costs $1000 new, I was thinking of selling it for $750-$800. So either eBay or Craigslist then? What usually goes smoother?
Quote by stringmagician
You have ticked me off and if I was a mod, you'd be banned right now, but lucky for your ass I'm not a mod.

Quote by Someone18
I bought the guitar about a year ago, and it only has one minor ding. It looks, for the most part, brand new. Since it costs $1000 new, I was thinking of selling it for $750-$800. So either eBay or Craigslist then? What usually goes smoother?

Considering your gonna sell it at a steady price of $800, and it is in near mint condition, I would try Craigslist first. And it's painless. If you don't sell it, so be it. Craigslist is also very easy to use. I would say go with Craigslist, but that's just me.

▲ ▲

I would do CL first, if it dosen't sell, do Ebay. If you do ebay, I would start out at your absolute bottom dollar with no reserve. I seem to have better luck that way.

If you do ebay, it may be a good idea to have a friend help, or even post it for you. They will show you how to do it. Also, if your first item is worth close to a grand, I seriously doubt you will get any takers. You need to get some feedback under your belt. There are way too many scam leery ebayers out there.
So, if I were to go the Craigslist route, how would I post something? The website itself pretty much offers no help (unless I am looking in the wrong place, I suppose) and I am wondering how I would get paid (eBay does Paypal, and Amazon handles transactions like that).
Quote by stringmagician

With craigslist, you would usually be selling it locally and therefore ask CASH.