So after a while i decided to paint my guitar. Its a Yamaha EG-122C, which is basically a Fender Strat. Its a glossy black finish, which i think is a very boring color. I want to swirl it with colors. I have the tub and borax. but i dont know what paint to use. I also need to kno what to do with my guitar before i dip it in. Do i have to sand of the old coat and add primer, then paint, then gloss, then the swirl? or can i skip a few steps??
Quote by JDbbx
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quote by jetfuel495
UUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Takamine G Series EG363SC Fund: $400/$499
Don't gloss before you swirl. You just put sealer so the water doesn't get into the wood.
Humbrol model paints work good, but you don't need borax with it. When I used borax with them it spread heaps but there were heaps of little dots of thick paint and it looked like crap. Without borax it worked fine, just some colours were a little thick.
Quote by littlephil
Don't gloss before you swirl. You just put sealer so the water doesn't get into the wood.
Humbrol model paints work good, but you don't need borax with it. When I used borax with them it spread heaps but there were heaps of little dots of thick paint and it looked like crap. Without borax it worked fine, just some colours were a little thick.

ok thanks. so this is what i do?
1)sand of paint
2) add sealer
3) add a base color for body??
4) dip in swirl paint
5) add clear coat
Quote by JDbbx
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quote by jetfuel495
UUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Takamine G Series EG363SC Fund: $400/$499
Yep, that's pretty much it. I think you may need to put primer on between the sealer and base colour, not sure though.